Fourth of July was definitely a party. We had the traditionally Rasmussen reunion/celebration. . . and I think this year we partied hard enough to wear everyone out.
A couple days before I caved and gave in to Whitney's usually pleads to paint nails - we went for the festive look.
We showed up in time for the parade. The kids made quite a hall and enjoyed it. But man, who can really sit through an entire parade? We took our loot and headed home when we all started to sweat like crazy! It's always fun to see cousins - but especially our California and Texas ones we don't see very often.
Zach and Austin... wish I lived close enough to see these kids more . . . they are so fun!
Of course we did the classic bbque
We started with slip n' slides and then headed to a neighbors pool. It was really fun to kick back and play. I forget how playful my family really is until we start having cannon ball contests :)
Zach put on a little pre-firework show
We played games and tried to relax - not an easy thing to do with lots of babies and small children
It was fun to meet this little guy for the first time.
Hailey of course was in heaven.We loved celebrating the 4th with family. This holiday still ranks as one of my absolute favorites. Love the heat, fireworks, bbques, swimming, and family. Life is good.















No comments:
Post a Comment