Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bitter Sweet

Summer had to end sometime.  I will miss having all my kids home, I don't know why, but I love that feeling of having everyone home...especially if we can just play.  But once again by the end of summer I'm exhausted and a schedule is probably needed.

Last year was a hard adjustment for Whitney.  Me and Aaron braced ourselves for another rough start.  We started pep talkes a month in advance and fhe and story time were usually about bravery and courage.  I prayed she would get a great teacher and class. 

The day before school we went in to meet her teacher.  Prayers were answered.  Once she walked in and saw that she knew most of her class, her teacher was nice, and the jist of school was pretty much the same as last year I saw a huge burden lifted off her.  She smiled and said "I'm not nervous anymore mom!"  And that was it.  We're almost two weeks in and she hasn't flinched since that moment.  And that has made all the difference for me!

I sure love how tender-hearted this girl is!

 Seemed like yesterday we were holding a "welcome to summer" poster for her outside while she rode her bike home on the last day of school.  Time is an issue for me once again.  I sometimes sit back and look at my kids or these photos and realize just how big they are getting.
 To me second grade was like turned 31.  First grade and 30 are just the beginning of that stage.  But now....we're fully committed!  Second grade is full-blown elementary school.
My heart is pricked a little missing this girl.  But I guess we can't completely play our lives away.  Plus my house is amazingly more clean lately :)

No comments: