Sunday, July 8, 2007

demolition derby

Me and Aaron made the brave attempt to take the kids on Saturday night to a demolition derby. To be honest, I didn't even really know what happened at a demolition derby, but the tickets were free and I felt brave so we went. We thought we were in big trouble when it was REALLY windy and raining on the drive there - the only thing we brought for bad weather was Travis' hat. We thought of turning around and going home, but honestly I think we just kept going because we had nothing else to do but clean the house.

It turned out to be a lot of fun. The weather ended up being perfect, no wind or rain and not too hot. Of course Whitney and Travis didn't last long sitting on a bench seat - so I watched from the side as I held Travis and Whitney played with the rocks. It was pretty fun to watch - these jacked-up cars trying to smash eachother until there was only 1 car left running. I would rank it up there, but definately not as good, with a rodeo.

Here is a beautiful picture of Whitney doing what she did 90% of the time - check out the rocks, this kid is so happy when she is allowed freedom to wander!


I took this picture almost as soon as we sat down because I knew I had about a 2 min. rest period before one of our kids decided it was to boring in the stands.


This is a pretty bad picture of the cars all prettied up before they smashed the heck out of each other. For some reason there is such a thrill in watching real life bumper cars - it was honestly so entertaining to watch these grown men act like little boys and smash eachother.

No comments: