Thursday, July 31, 2008

memories

I thought this was really fun to do - thanks for the idea katie. Anyways, as much fun as it may be, I was a little hesitant to do this due to the fact that I don't know if anyone has any.....how do I say.....positive.... memories to post. But wether happy, sad, embarassing, whatever - bring it on! They can be about me or Aaron - anything is game.

Here is how you play:1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

12 comments:

Natasha Ireland said...

One of my favorite memories was when we had dinner as couples over at the Websters. It's always good to reconnect and we think the world of your family, so that was a fun night. We should do it again....real soon.

Emily said...

One memory I have is when I was dating Luke and we were talking about your knee surgery, and the conversation naturally turned to our accident prone family...and you said, "Watch out Luke, you are marrying into a very accident prone family!" Whoops. Good thing it worked out, eh? Ha, ha.

Lacy said...

In college, when we had disco skting night at the roler rink and you wore Grandma Iva's jumpsuit and wig. It was hilarious watching you skate around in it!

Also, for you and Aaron both, playing Settlers.

Andria said...

My memory deals with life at the JC.....it was during our three week Galilee hiatus. It began pouring rain one day and we decided it would be so great to run around in the rain! We didn't think too much about the fact we were all wearing white shirts! I have a pictures of us laughing after playing in the rain. Priceless. And I still speak my mind. Probably a little too much! :)

Christa O'Brien said...

Hmmm...so many memories...I could list all of our freshman year as one long, awesome memory.(Homecoming, our trip to Cali, the Festival of Olives, BULK...) But that isn't very specific! So, I think my favorite specific memory of you would have to be the "sand" trick we played on Nina. Not because it was my favorite thing ever, but because it is really indicative of our relationship!

Christa O'Brien said...

Ok...but I also wanted to throw KBYU out there, too...

The Moores said...

I remember being at your house and writing to the cast of 90210, jumping on your parents tramp, girls camp, etc! You were always so much fun to be around!! Good Times!!

The Moores said...

I think I also told you my mom was the tooth fairy!! I was such a crazy kid, sad thing is I totally believed it!!

Unknown said...

Mel, remember when the girl we were supposed to visit teach at the Riv wasn't home so we recorded the VT message on some thing you had that made our voices sound all squirrely and then we took a picture of ourselves and left it at her apt?

Jeff said...

Remember that one time I forced you to play Sega with me. You tried to escape but apparently werent convinced about your own escape route and literally moved at a snails pace once you got up to move. Needless to say I caught you :)

James Taylor said...

Where to start... Here are three of my favorite Mel Mel Memories:

On game days the girls basketball team would wear their DHS Basketball sweatshirts throughout the school day. After an early morning Seminary Council meeting you had inadvertently left your sweatshirt in the faculty room and I stumbled upon it. So, I did what any good friend would do, I soaked it in water and put it in the freezer. Just before lunch I stopped by the Seminary Building to check on it, it was frozen solid. The funny thing was that you couldn't tell by looking at it that it was frozen, it just looked like it was wadded up in a ball. So I brought it to your class and asked the teacher if I could speak with you for a moment. When you came out into the hall, you began to thank me profusely for bringing your sweatshirt to you. As I handed it to you I dropped it and it hit the tile floor with a loud thump. The look on your face was priceless.

I also remember removing all the tires on your car (I can't think of her name right now) and putting it on wood blocks.

And of course there was the the time I "borrowed" that "special" picture of you and Janessa and displayed it in the trophy case at the high school. You know the picture, the on that had been taken of you two at a sleep over right when you woke up in the morning with your hair sticking straight up.

For the sake of my pride and ego, I will not divulge the devilishly funny pranks you pulled on me.

Good times, good times. Tell Aaron and the crew hello for me.

James T.

Andi said...

Hey Mel...I just stumbled upon your blog and thought I'd play along too (about a month later!!). Here's my favorite memory of you: "When Peace Like a River Flows." Enough said. I hope your well! Your family is darling!! :)