Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July



We had a good 4th. We caught some of the parade at the freedom festival and got some skimboarding in. Whitney loved the 10 min. of the parade that we caught. She saw all the city Royalties. When she asked me who they were I was too lazy to explain so I just said they were princesses - that more than satisfied her. From that moment on she watched thier every move. This is her practicing how to wave like them.

Like my stance? It's coming along.

Our neighbors, the Cooks, put together a little get together with family/friends for a b-bque and fireworks. This year has had the wierdest weather. Right before dinner it started getting rediculously windy. Since there were a ton of people we moved the party to our basement. Yep, that's right we ate our 4th of July bbque in the dungeon. It was really fun though, and let me tell you, the Cooks cooked up some amazing meat!! I'm still dreaming about it. Despite the wind we were still able to sneak in some volleyball and fireworks. While talking during dinner I was reminded of how lucky we are to live here. We have a great home, in a great neighborhood, with amazing neighbors. I love being able to talk to fun adults while I watch my kids play outside. And Whitney loves that she pretty much always has someone to play with everytime she goes outside. To her, the more kids the better. My favorite part of every fourth though is the fireworks. Every time I light fireworks I have flashback to my childhood (including Jeff lighting my hair on fire!). I always wanted to be rich around that time of the year so I could buy tons of fireworks. What an ambition - to own lots of fireworks. All-in-all We had a good, kick-back relaxing fourth. I love our country.

6 comments:

Jeff said...

Smelly that stance is looking beach ready

Melissa O said...

Your 4th sounded great. The wind was kind of weird. I thought we were in a tornado for a moment.

Terra said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th. Jeremy used to work at a firework stand when he was in high school and so he thinks he is the pro when it comes to fireworks. When we both hit it big, maybe you two can have your own stand. Just think...unlimited fireworks! :)

Emily said...

That picture of Aaron and Travis is great. Travis' smile is so cute!

The Neumann Clan said...

Hi Mel! It's Brooke, your long lost neighbor from Jerusalem. I was just looking at jcjubilee and found a link to your blog. It looks like you are doing great. It has been along time since I have heard anything about you. E-mail me sometime if you ever get the chance bbneumanns@yahoo.com.

Amanda said...

Mel, I love reding your posts. Youare such a grwat writer and your always cracking me up. How in the wild heck do you have so much to talk about. I guess your life is just a little bit more exciting then mine. Let's play so I have something to blog about.