Wednesday, July 30, 2008

summer continues


Well, we finally had a down week this summer, thanks to all of us getting colds. It's so weird to experience a bad February cold in the middle of July....just doesn't seem right. We survived though and luckily were mostly better before our busy July 24th week. We were going to go camping the weekend before the holiday, so I guess it wasn't all that bad that we got sick :) Aaron's parents came down a couple weekends ago to check on his dad's heart. Luckily with a little surgery he should be ok. Then Amy and the kids came to play. It was really fun to have them down and attempt to wear the boys out. We were going to go to the Reservoir and play one night. I even had dinner all packed up and ready. But when we got there it was incredibly windy - windy enough to throw our water trampoline into the air - which was really scary, considering Travis was on it- good thing Amy has a good catch, it scared me good!! -Good enough to call it quites and go home. We had fun going on bike rides and playing outside.


On the 24th my family came down to play. I wish I would've taken pictures, but I was having too much fun playing. We played some wii, did some slip n slide, went to the carnival and had a pretty darn good BBQ. We cooked the same tri tip meat that our neighbors the Cooks did on the 4th - It's so good, I can't get enough of it! It was really fun to get together as a family and enjoy the holiday, and of course, fireworks.


The next day we spent a fortune getting our applications in for passports and finishing up food storage. It took forever, but I feel much better feeling like we are set in case of disaster.


Saturday we headed up Provo Canyon and hiked to Stuart Falls. I love this hike and it brings back so many memories of different stages of my life every time I go up there. Plus I love that it is short, sweet, and worth it. Whitney even hiked a good portion of the way by herself. As usual our kids enjoyed just throwing rocks into the river. Whitney even took her shoes off and waded through the river with me. I love playing in rivers, it's up there with lighting fireworks. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun just relaxing and enjoying our morning. To top it all off we went to Red Robin - something I could easily do once a week!


Sunday we went and visited Aaron's parents - sadly they had to come back down because his mom was having kidney problems. She had been enduring kidney stones for about a week. She has an amazing pain tolerance, it reminds me what a woos I really am.


Monday night something amazing happened. Well, first I should explain, I have a curse. I can't even count how many championships I have made it too in my life, but never can seem to win. I've kind of come to terms with it. Monday night we playing in the Spanish Fork women's soccer championship. Despite the fact that it was the lowest division, and I couldn't seem to score a goal that game if my life depended on it (proving the curse is quite strong!), we actually won. I finally won my first free t-shirt.


Well, that's my journaling. Sorry if I bored you to tears. Aaron is out of town this week and so I though t I would finally buck up and try to remember what I've done with the last 2 weeks of my life.

4 comments:

Christa O'Brien said...

Sounds like such a fun summer! I am so jealous...the only thing exciting to happen around here is my neighbor's son got bit by an alligator. Ah, the swamp life!

Big congrats on the t-shirt! The only way I got intramural tees was by working for the department and stealing them. But no one knows that but you!

Priamos Family said...

Hey Melanie- It's Annaliese from the Jerusalem Center! It's been fun reading your blog and catching up with you and your cute family! Sounds like you guys are busy and happy! What a fun mom you are to those cute kids! Here's our family blog just in case you feel like it (in all your spare time- ha ha): http://www.priamosfamily.blogspot.com

~Annaliese (Allen) Priamos

The Cook Fam said...

You always are up for a good time. Where do you come up with all of your energy?

Melissa O said...

The curse has been lifted. I remember you telling me about the curse when we played basketball, but whatever. I think its a lie. Your life sounds all out fun, fun fun.