Tuesday, August 12, 2008

August goes fast

wow, it's already almost halfway through august. It's so crazy how time flies when you are so content with life. At the beginning of the month we had fun going to a Hartman reunion. I saw cousins that I hadn't seen in almost 10 years. Then the Schelins came up to play. We went up for a day to Grandma's. Grandma spoiled us with huge subs at the park and feeding ducks. I had a lot of fun playing in the water with them after - and watching Amy try to skimboard. I love this picture of all the grandkids feeding the ducks. Other than that, we have pretty much been just enjoying the warm weather - getting a little skimboarding in here and there. I love August, especially when going back to school doesn't hang over my head. I love that it is still warm but not scorching. As of right now I am absolutely loving the olympics, I always have......if I could just find my event.......and have the freedom to dedicate 4 yrs. of my life to......but in all reality I'd rather have what I have with my family than what any medal could bring. It's so fun to watch the amazing athletes and realize how much dedication it took to get where they are.

Anywho,,, this post was supposed to be brief. I just wanted to show some funny things my kids do these days. I absolutely love their stages. Especially Travis, I wish I could freeze him at this stage! Whitney is still princess obsessed. She is starting to say funny things here and there. For example on Sunday she got this pink flower with a picture of her in the middle with her name on it. I never realized that I probably hadn't taught her to say her whole name. So I asked what the flower said. She replied "Whitney is Pink." After a little talking I think she understands her full name now. Also she has a pretend credit card in her purse. When we were cleaning tonight she told me I could have it. I said that she should put it in her purse. She said back "No mom, you'll need that for Walmart." I laughed...I didn't even know she knew what that store was called. She is also getting pretty good at soccer since she'll play with me in the backyard. Travis is a pretty good dribbler - it's just funny to watch since the soccer ball is the same height of his leg.

Travis' new thing is to play in the car. I had no problem with this - since it kept him plenty entertained for long periods of time. I was pretty good about returning the car back to normal when he was done. Apparently last week I missed a light. We got in the car for a busy day of shopping and pictures....to discover that the battery was dead - trip cancelled. That was the end of the car being a playground. Travis is talking like crazy. He had shocked us both by going to nursery for 2 weeks now without a hesitation - in fact he even went to the door and started knocking for them to let him in when Aaron was slow in following. I love that he will try and say any word you ask him too. He is just so playful, his smile melts me everytime. Here is some video


In ending news.... Grandma and Grandpa Hoopes just came and visited for a couple days while picking up thier motorcycle. They let us take it for a spin and it is pretty sweet. We look forward to going and playing in Idaho with them next week.

7 comments:

Lacy said...

Darn, no pick of Amy skimboarding??? I am sad we missed out on the fun, but I guess I can't complain since Reagan had Gram to herself for a couple of weeks.

I was so proud of Reagan the first time I heard her say "costco." It was like heaven opened and sunlight streamed down on her. She is truly a child of me and Matt.

Jeff said...

I heard they were adding pregnant skim boarding for the next olympics, looks like it might be right up your alley.

Christa O'Brien said...

In response to comment added before me:

ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?

Melanie Hoopes said...

no pregnancy here!! I can pretty much garantee that news won't come for a while!

Christa O'Brien said...

Heaven knows I don't want to lose "the bet" so if you were pregnant, I would have no choice but to get pregnant, too! Yikes!

Melanie Hoopes said...

I'll let you know when I plan on it - so we can synchronize

Christa O'Brien said...

Fair enough!~