
We went to the Demolition Derby in Spanish Fork on Saturday and it was a blast. Usually our kids won't sit still (mostly Travis) for longer than a minute - but we figured if he was watching cars....anyway it mostly worked. There is something about cars smashing into each other that brings me great joy. It's like bumper cars without the stupid safety stuff. It was a lot of fun and the kids did good, as long as we went for a little walk after each round - since it took them about 20 min. to clean up the damage and get ready for the next round. We made it about 3 hours and then Travis peed on me - snuck out his diaper somehow, must've been sitting weird. I've been peed on a lot in my lifetime, the worst being from my grandma (yes, Iva), so it really didn't even phase me. We got home and the kids got to take a bath/swim in our bath tub. Then we went outside on our lawn and waited for the fireworks. It was way past all of our bedtimes, but we figured the fireworks would wake the kids up anyway. Apparently the last 2 rounds took forever at the derby - because the fireworks didn't start until almost 12. We entertained the kids for a while with glow sticks and fireworks, but they were definately getting tired of waiting. Travis had tons of energy all night, so we thought it was funny that 5 min. into the fireworks he fell asleep - at least he waited long enough to see his first fireworks. 





2 comments:
Mel I just found your blog. I must say I am glad to find someone who shares my love of the demolition derby. Whenever we invite people they think we are crazy until they actually go. We are taking Kyler to his first one in Sept. in Logan. What little boy doesn't love crashing, dirt, and fires.
I love the crash up derby. It's just a tradition I think everyone should have in their lives.
Post a Comment