Well, here is pretty much my weekly update to check in and reaffirm that we are still trying to max out our summer. Between our sport games and Aaron's meetings our weekdays are pretty much always full. Although last thursday I got to go play tennis. I absolutely love summer evening tennins - it felt so good to get out and play. Last Weekend we didn't have any plans for Friday so I told Aaron to bring home his projector from work and we'd try to do an outdoor movie night. since our neighbors were camping outside and planning to watch a movie (probably in the peace and privacy of their tent) we integrated plans. By the time we were ready to Watch Evan Almighty we had quite the audience. Whitney was in heaven to be staying up having a party with her friends. The cooks were awesome and provided treats and popcorn (and the movie). It was really a lot of fun. I don't know why a movie is so much more enjoyable when you can watch it on a warm summer night - but it was! We have such great neighbors too.
Saturday we went to the Orem Summerfest and then out to dinner. I didn't realize how much our kids have grown until I saw how well they handled all the rides. Whitney, unlike last year, was more than willing to try anything. Travis was in complete heaven - there was no wanting to wait in lines for him - he saw empty boats and car rides and wanted on!! He honestly would've stayed on those rides all night long if we let him. It was so cute to see him wave when he found me in the crowd and get so proud of himself.
Whitney is on a new kick lately. She wants to go on bike rides, not just rides around the neighborhood, but 2-3 mile bikerides on the pink bike that she is obsessed with. I couldn't believe her stamina. She is getting better and better every ride. I love that I have someone now that will go on a little stroll with me on a summer evening. We did a 2 mile loop Saturday night around the sports park. She of course biked, while I got some much needed practice on my ripstick. I think we will have to do this more often since she slept in until 8:oo on Sunday, an occurrence that hasn't happened in more than a year!!
Sunday we had a good Father's Day. Aaron's cousin had his homecoming so we were able to see a lot of family that day. We had fun visiting and then had a nice relaxing evening with homemade ice cream.
I am trying to get some last second training in for a major relay race I am doing this weekend. I am really excited for it and at the same time feel very unprepared. Since most of the time I train while pushing my 2 little midgets in the stroller it is hard for me to judge how fast or even how far I can go without them....guess will find out.
So there you have it, I'm loving this warm weather and look forward to all the events happening and coming up. Honestly, even though I love Christmas and all, this is definitely the most wonderful time of the year!! If only there was a beach minutes away I'd swear I was in heaven.
Fun Box
3 months ago




7 comments:
Summer weather is the best and I agree if there was a beach nearby, we would be in heaven! Glad you guys are having a fun summer! What relay are you doing? Good Luck!
P.S. Our new blog address is www.themonkeysandus.blogspot.com
Stop by and visit! :)
wow, you guys sure keep busy! I love that it is finally warming up for good around here!
Reading you blog makes me feel so lazy!
Man, it sounds like you are having so much fun! I love warm summer nights -- and outdoor movie nights! So fun! I'm jealous!
And yay for Whitney! She's going to be just like you...no doubt. I can't believe her endurance.
Mel Mel, your kids look just like you! Your daughter is like a little "Mini-Mel".
It looks like we are going to have our little shindig on the 9th of August, I'll keep you posted.
JT
Melanie, I am really tired after reading your blog. You are a go getter girl. wow. I hope you do fabulous in your race. You will be the little speed demon.
Post a Comment