Alright... this will be an interesting post - warning you. I have a new nemesis, flying kites. I decided this year to try and make the most of a windy day by buying a kite. Of course I only buy the cheap ones you can find anywhere, the ones where your small child is more likely to be picked up and fly into the sky before your kite does. I made an attempt when we first moved here that was actually a success, so I do know that it is possible, miracles do happen. I attempted again earlier this year and after a couple hours and a sore arm and beat up kite I gave up. Well, since yesterday it got really windy on our way to the store I figured I'd buy another cheap kite and have fun with the kids, show them the love of kite flying. Well, during the first attempt the kite crashed and broke. So I
geniuosly fixed it by taping a pencil to the broken board and was back in action. After about a 1/2 an hour of no success, frustration, and wanting to swear, I told my husband to come help. On this attempt the string broke - but I fixed it and back at it I was. Then after a few more attempts the stick broke again, but I was to into this now, I wasn't being defeated that easy. It was seriously frustrating watching bags fly into the air and trash cans tipping over and I couldn't get this stupid
puny kite to do anything! I could feel my blood boiling and realized this isn't a good relaxing activity for me. After all I can only recall about 3 successful kite flying attempts in my LIFE. I gave it a few more shots and realized that the kite was more interested in attacking me than flying. So I learned my lesson, don't fly kites, jump off a trampoline with a garbage bag to enjoy the wind instead, or perhaps buy a nice kite.
3 comments:
Did you let Whitney try? When I got one of those cheap kites at Wal-Mart I couldn't get it off the ground to save my life. Along comes William and he gets it flying in literally seconds. I could have killed him! So maybe having short kids do it is the way to go!?!
Did the kite come from All-A-Dollar? That is where we bought most of our kites growing up and I know you are a fan of that store, Mel!
Too bad you aren't out here in July, they have a huge kite festival, you would be in heaven!
That is hilarious!!!
Post a Comment