Friday I was getting pretty excited for summer. The weather was warm and I was ready to start "The summer of Melanie." Aaron didn't get home from work until a little later so we revamped some plans. We decided to camp in the great outdoors.....being the backyard. This way we could see what we were really in for camping with our kids and maybe learn from our mistakes without loosing too much sleep! We did tinfoil dinners and banana boats in our little campfire outside. When it was time to set up the tent the kids went crazy. They thought that was a pretty cool playground. Whitney especially was pretty excited to sleep out in the tent. Things went pretty smoothly until it was 10:00 and our kids still didn't want to go to sleep. I tried with Travis - but as our neighbors will testify he didn't like the idea of sleeping in a separate wing in the tent, and showed how strong his lungs really are. Finally we got the kids asleep - Travis finally fell asleep cuddling me. It was great until about 11:00 when our bed became uncomfortable and I couldn't move for fear of waking the little one. I toughed it out until one in the morning and then me and Travis ditched out and got a good night sleep inside. I'm impressed Whitney did really good - she got cold mid-way through the night and cuddled with dad, but she toughed it out. It was really fun, we learned from our mistakes and look forward to perhaps actually venturing out of the backyard next time....maybe.

I am just absolutely loving life. I love the stage my family is at, I love our neighborhood, I love my health and freedom, I love that summer is here, I'm just so content with life right now!! How do you beat great family, friends and weather! It's one of those times in my life when I want to make every day count. Everyday make a memory and grow closer to my kids and husband.
6 comments:
You are inspirational. You are a great friend and a great person. I love your little ones. Good idea practicing in the back yard.
Now that is the way to go camping. Now my kids are begging us to set up the tent. It is so nice to have neighbors to hang out with. You're great.
Whitney is looking more like you are the time smellville!
you guys are such a fun family!! My kids would love it if we did something like that. Looks like fun. hope you can have a great time now that you have "practiced" for the real camping experience.
Wow! Nice work Mel! Aaron is lucky to have you...Trav keeps asking when were going camping with the fam? I say which hotel? He rolls his eyes! Your a good woman!
Post a Comment