Last Saturday we went up to my parents house because Aaron couldn't handle the thought of not going anywhere for memorial day. He really wanted to try the
flowrider in Ogden (indoor surfing) since I had been twice and he hadn't ever tried. Of course I had no objection to that idea. All I can say about Aaron is he is just WAY to coordinated. I know it's not good to secretly want someone to struggle to learn something or be humbled a little bit......especially if it's your husband! But ever since I've known him he makes everything look WAY to easy. For example just in the last year we have gone water skiing, snowboarding, skim boarding, and now indoor surfing - and at all these events which he has either rarely or never done, he picks up on it like a 2 year old could. I really figured this
flowrider stuff was the one thing to get him, that I might have an edge on, but once again, he picked up on it pretty darn fast. I will say that I had an absolute blast though - I guess there was something about magical time #3 that it finally really clicked with both me and Lindsay. We both were finally able to feel in control and turn on the wave - which is an amazing feeling after 2 previous attempts/hours of being humbled. I can't wait to go up and do it again! Thanks mom and dad for being amazing - we are so lucky to have parents that our kids beg to go see.
Monday was our project day. Aaron made shelves for our garage and I redid a dresser. And that was pretty much our day in a nutshell. But I will say that while I had some time to think while sanding and painting, I thought about all the people that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Men and Women who mostly had
their whole life ahead of them, some leaving a wife and kids. I feel I don't show it enough but I love holidays that celebrate our nation because, yes our country has some issues - like paying my left arm for gas, but I think we forget how blessed we are just to be free. To have a government meant to protect the people, for the people. That we can live in a land were truly you have endless opportunity. I love our nation and I thank all those who gave
their life so I could enjoy mine with my family. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY.
6 comments:
Hi Mel! Wasn't the weather just perfect for Memorial Day? Good day to do projects. Your kids are darling, look a lot like you! Keep in touch!
Carrie
Don't you LOVE Mondays off? It makes Sunday night much more enjoyable!
Glad you had a great holiday weekend...And ya, I agree that it is unfair that it comes so easy to Aaron...I come from the same genes, shouldn't that happen to me? ;)
I want a video of you surfing again. Those are awesome. Sounds like a fun weekend.
Travis is a little doll, so cute!
Love the helmet! We need to go try that flowride deal. Sounds awesome! Glad you had a fun weekend.
https://www.cekaja.com/info/situs-nonton-drama-jepang-terbaru
Post a Comment