Monday, May 19, 2008

Lindsay came to play!


This last weekend since my parents went to Cleveland for Bryan's graduation, Lindsay came down to play. She was going to go play with some friends in Provo Friday and then come down - but plans changed last second and she came down Friday Evening. Aaron - who's golf got cancelled last second also ended up coming home early too - so our weekend got off to an early party! Since Aaron was home and it was gorgeous weather outside I decided it was perfect timing to pull out my Mother's Day Present. I know once again my playful side comes out and many of you will laugh or shake your head when you hear what I asked for - but it's awesome. Aaron jokes that he just needs to look for toys with the ages 12-16 label on it to give to me. Anyway it's a Banzai skimboard slide - what is that? Well in a nutshell it's a deep slip n' slide that you can skimboard (kind of like surfing) down. It really is a blast!

Friday night Aaron went to a Father and son's camp out, which left us with a girls night out. We rented 27 dresses and ate way to much candy!

Saturday Morning Lindsay was nice enough to watch my kids for me so I could play in my soccer game. Aaron ended up coming back by half-time to save her. Right after the game me and Lindsay went for a run - which kicked my trash!! I was so tired and hot by the end of our run that I made Lindsay stop by the river so I could get in and throw numbing cold water all over me!! That afternoon we pulled out the skimboard again. It was like a constant party outside with all the kids playing in all the water toys. Here is some footage of Aaron and the kids skimboarding.


Sunday was my recovery day - I am still incredibly sore from soccer, running, and skimboarding. Whitney whispered in Dad's ear that she wanted to build a fort - so Aaron did. He built a multi-room fort, even though we pretty much just vegged in the main room. I made some popcorn and Whitney would not just put a little in her mouth - but fill to extreme max capacity - I'm talking about shoving it in with fingertips!


Travis was lucky - he could walk around the fort without even ducking :)
Lindsay looking hot.

We survived church and had a sweet BBQ and our best dutch oven dessert yet! Thanks Linds, for coming and playing - we had a blast. Whitney even asked first thing this morning where you were.

6 comments:

The Cook Fam said...

You had a busy weekend. That is one awesome fort. Thanks for sharing the skim board and popsicles.

Jeff said...

How come we don't get to see footage of you wiping out smelly?

Tricia said...

I am just going to live vicariously through you. You have all the energy I would love to have and all the skill.

Melissa O said...

Your weekend sounds way better than mine.

Blackner Family said...

What a fun weekend!! I love your mothers day present and love that you are as fun today as you always were as a kid!!

Terra said...

That slip and slide deal looks like a blast! Way to keep the energy up as if you are still 15! Love that.