
Yesterday Bethany went into the MTC. It was hard to say good-bye even though I know 18 months will probably go by fast. She has helped us out so much, pretty much she was our kids' second mom and our only go-to person that we could ditch Travis on and allow me and Aaron to get away. Even though I'm going to miss her I am really excited for her and know she will be an amazing missionary - she is such an example to me in so many ways.
With Neal and Bethany going on missions, and Jeff & Selly, Bryan and Amy taking on new adventures in California there is a lot of change taking place. I like change - and look forward to everyone experiencing new things. It's a good thing my kids don't fully understand what is going on - if they knew all their playmates where leaving they would throw a fit.
As for us... the only change we are really experiencing is Travis' new haircut :) I buzzed him a couple days ago and am just finally getting used to it. I love the stage we are at and look forward to a "SUMMER OF MELANIE" or I guess I should say a "SUMMER OF THE HOOPES'" (it's a saying from seinfeld). This summer we are determined to live it up to the fullest since our kids are at a stage that we can go and do. I'm looking forward to rodeos, vacations, hikes, camping, bonfires, rollerblading......and warm weather!!
Here is a picture of Travis' newest haircut.





3 comments:
Call me, I want to party with you this summer.
Melanie Rassmussen? (sorry if I spelt it wrong, I don't think I ever got it right). How are you? I saw your blog on Jacqueline's page and thought I would say HELLO! I can't believe your brother just got married. He's too young (or so it seems, but my has time flown). Love the pictures of you kids, house, etc. Your house is amazing (I love the rock work, I think it looks great) and I can't believe how much your kids look just like you. Just adorable. hope you guys are doing well. I'd love to hear from you...just click on my link if you've got time.
Stacey (Frazier) Pyne!
Oh, I wish we could play this summer with you guys! Campfires sound fun right now. I am ready for summer!
Post a Comment