Sunday, May 4, 2008

I love this stage!

As crazy as this last week has been getting back into the swing of things - I have just been reminded how much I really love my life right now!! I have so much more freedom! It is so nice to be able to play with my kids or sit and watch Travis discover the world instead of holding him ALL THE TIME! I love watching his cute little body maneuver over things and attempting to hold a conversation with him. Whitney is at a great stage too - old enough to watch Enchanted with us and when Prince Edward tried to awake Jezell from her sleep with a kiss.... and she didn't she yelled out "IT DIDN'T WORK!" It's fun to see that she still has such a zest for life. Although sometimes it takes every fiber not to freak out when Whitney ignores me or when most of the food on Travis' tray purposely ends up on the floor while he laughs about it, I wouldn't want it any other way.

For memories sake I just have to share something funny my kids do all the time now. Whitney has always been pretty creative on what she can stand on to reach new heights. Currently her choice has been one of Travis' play tables. It enables her to do one of her favorite hobbies - look at all the different Video covers and decide which she likes best. She honestly will just pull them out and look and the cover for a minute and then figure out how it fits back in. Apparently Travis thought this looked fun because he has started in on it. So when I hear all the different music the table plays go off, I know they are on it. When I hear Travis' attention getter scream.. I know he is stuck and can't figure out how to get down.


On Friday and Saturday Whitney got to go to her first princess birthday parties. She was so excited to have a reason to get all dressed up.

Also on Saturday my family had a get together since Matt and Lacy were in town. It was fun chaos. I love my family, I love how everyone wants to have fun and we can kick back and enjoy ourselves. Thanks mom for hosting - we had a great time, Whitney is already asking when we can do it again.

Here is some footage I've been trying to capture for a while. Travis has an obsession with phones. Funny thing is this last week he has been saying something on the phone and then laughing...... he must have been watching Grandma talk on the phone when she was here :)

4 comments:

The Cook Fam said...

Your kids are too cute and smart. Halli had such a fun time with Whitney at the party. And the princesses were a hit.

Bethany Hoopes said...

Oh that was adorable. I am going to miss that little guy! And Whitney was such a pretty little princess. I love your blog Melanie. Thanks for posting!

Bethany Hoopes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa O said...

You are such a good mom. I am so impressed with you. You are my inspiration. Love your kids.