WARNING! REALLY LONG!
Lately I have just been having random thoughts that I felt I should write down - and since this is pretty much my journal - here it is.
It feels so amazing to sleep through the night again! After 6 months of waking up every 2 hours, 3 months of waking up every 3 hours, and then 3 months of waking up 2 to 3 times a night - I feel honestly like a new person - having slept through the night for a whole month now. It feels like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders to have the freedom to go here or there and not wonder when Travis is going to cry, need me, or be hungry. I can finally leave him for as long as I want and not feel guilty.
Bethany babysat for us last Friday and shared an experience she had with Whitney - I won't go into detail because it is really precious to me but she pretty much said how she missed her heavenly father. I'm so grateful Bethany shared this experience with me because it was a big wake up call for me. It made me once again see my kids through the eyes I should always see them - as precious new spirits on this earth, to which the veil is very thin. I was reminded my duty of helping my kids not just learn about their Saviour and Heavenly Father but help them remember that feeling of sacredness they already came with. I was also reminded that they are my kids in a sense - but more like my Heavenly Father's kids who he has entrusted me with on this earth. I'm so grateful for being a mom to such amazing children!!
On a much lighter note - I have been playing basketball on a city league team a friend (Melissa O) put together. I'm so glad she'll let me play with them because after 5 years of not playing, it sure feels good again. It just brings back so many memories of playing sports growing up and the lessons that it taught me. Plus, as I am always reminded when I attempt to play sports, there is no way I would push myself to work out that hard on my own ever!! Last game we had 1 sub and played a bunch of youngins. Having a cold didn't help much - but my face was a bright red as ever and I'm just surprised I could still walk after the game!! I love it!!
Whitney will be 3 years old this week - which means that I have gone through this mothering stuff for almost 4 years (pregnancy to me fells like 18 months!). It's so crazy to me what a little woman she is - and although a lot of times I'm excited for when my kids grow up, get a life, and I get my freedom back - I also realize I only get to do this once. Last week Aaron's parents were here for a couple of days and his dad played some videos on his computer of whitney when she was about 18 months. I stood and watched in shock - how fast I forget what she was like! A little blond show-off that had the cutest smile and wanted everyone to do what she was doing - it was so cute!! It makes my heart ache a little to think how fast she is growing, she has acted three for a year now though - so perhaps this birthday won't be to hard.
I have been reading the book "These in my words" my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas. I love the book. Once again I am pretty addicted to it. It is set about a hundred years ago (1881). As I read it I'm amazed how much our world has changed in just the last 100 years - from travel by wagon, with Indian wars, bandits and little education - to the world we live in now with planes, cars, internet, tv, ect... It's crazy to think!! It just reinforces to me that we really are living in the last days and the time is REALLY soon at hand!
I love my stage of life right now - Whitney is cute and independent, Travis still melts my heart everyday and is just the cutest little midget. I love that we can go and do, communicate, and have fun. I look forward to all the activites we can do now that it is getting warmer too.
Alright - thanks for letting me put some thoughts down in writing - I'm really impressed if you made it all the way through that!
Fun Box
3 months ago




6 comments:
Melanie you are just awesome. I just thought I would let you know that. You make me want to be a better person. Your thoughts totally prove that I am right about that.
My mother in law just sent that book home with me. Can't wait to get started. It is crazy how fast kids grow and how much we can learn from them.
I read These is my Words last year and LOVED it! I couldn't put it down. The main character is pretty awesome!
I have the sequel "Sarah's Quilt" on hold at the library.
You are awesome! You gave me a wonder little devotional today. I love those blogs. You walk away feeling better about everything.
I'll have to check out the book.
Kids grow up way to fast! Gannon will be turning one and I just can't believe it, and I keep telling Kennedy to knock off the growing she says she's "trying" but I don't really think so.
I sure do miss visiting you....don't be suprised if I just walk over one day.
That really was good for me to read:)! I COMPLETELY agree with the sleep thing. I keep telling myself I can do it again someday. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Thanks for sharing, Mel. I'm excited to get to have all of these wonderful parenting experiences you've had. You're a great example to me!
Post a Comment