Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Crazy World

Alright so tonight I was watching American Idol and totally enjoyed Brooke White's performance. As I was watching the judges.... well judge her they briefly showed her husband and dad. I had to take a triple take - because I knew her husband. I went to BYU Jerusalem with him a whopping 8 years ago. He is a cool guy - very confident - but nice guy. Anyway, last I heard he moved to Arizona - which adds up how he met Brooke. I have confirmed that yes, indeed they are husband and wife - but can't figure why her last name is still White and not Ray? Any insights. This was just one of those really wierd things that I had to tell someone.... and since Aaron is playing basketball I just posted it.

4 comments:

Jenny P. said...

It is a small world, isn't it? Because I am obsessed with all things american idol, I did some research for you. Apparently, it's simply that her music goals and career started before she got married, so for the sake of continuity, she kept White as her 'stage name' only. In every day life, she is Brooke Ray.

I think she is really good. If I had to pick a Mormon to win though, it would be David Archuleta... the little teeny boppers are gonna vote him all the way through, I think! He totally deserves it though... I think he is really talented!

Lacy said...

That is pretty cool, Mel! I also agree that she goes by her maiden name for career purposes, a lot of musicians and actors and stuff do that these days. That is neat that she still uses her married name everyday, though.

Rashole said...

I think that she has bad hair.

The Cook Fam said...

This is the first season I have watched of American Idol and it is killing me. Who knew you had to watch three times a week? I am enjoying it however. I thought Brooke did really well. It is funny that you know her husband. Small world.