Sunday, March 9, 2008

freedom!!

The last couple days have been so nice - I have tasted some much needed freedom and escaped our house. Honestly me and the kids are going crazy having to stay inside. On Thursday night me, Bethany, and Shelley(Aaron's Aunt) went to see Enchanted. The first five minutes or so I was thinking "I don't know if I can handle how unbelievable cheesey this is" - but it got better, and ended up being a cute - cheesey - but cute movie. On Friday all the girls in our family around here took off to the Park City outlets for a shopping spree. It always feels so good to go shopping without kids, but the fact that we were all together made it that much more fun. After shopping we ate dinner at the noodle factory and headed home - which ended up taking a while for us since we thought we knew where we were going until we were in the middle of nowhere!! Then on Saturday night Aaron got free seventh row seats to the Jazz game vs. the nuggets. It was a blowout but it is still so fun to see all the players up that close. Apparently it is suppossed to get a little warmer this week - so hear is hoping for some more fresh air!!

Also we are in the middle of rocking our archways in our house and not only is it fun to do but I think I'm really going to like it!! Here's hoping we get it done this week!

4 comments:

Gunn Family said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Good for you! Where did you get all your creative homemaking skills...Iva??

Christa O'Brien said...

Did the person before me just say "Iva?" Melanie...this is your grandma...can't get the game on tv...

Melanie Hoopes said...

Truly - Iva....my grandma who didn't understand the concept of an answering machine - thus the message...melanie.....melanie....
melanie....I couldn't get the game on television. Oh, the memories! And yes, Iva taught me all my homemaking skills, including (anti)junk collecting.

Kristin said...

LOL! Ah, I miss you girls. Can't go wrong with a shopping spree to the outlets! I'm glad you got out for some good old fashioned fun!