Friday, March 21, 2008

Livin' the life at Grandma's

Last weekend we had a lot of fun - We raided Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen's for a couple of days since Aaron had a business convention over the weekend in Ogden. They are always so good to us and our kids - probably too good, I fear we wear them out because when we are there our kids would rather play with them (and follow them everywhere!) then with us. On Friday morning me and Lindsay went and did the flowrider (indoor surfing) again. It was much better the second time and I could actually move my head around the next day - it's probably a good thing I don't have one of those too close to me or I would be broke. I already want to go again! Later we went to Toys R us were Whitney got to have a little Easter egg hunt and Grandma got Travis a cute picnic table for his birthday (it's been a hit already!).



Saturday I got to take Whitney to Disney on Ice. I see the commercial for it a couple months ago and knew Whitney would love it. Plus sadly, since Travis has been born I haven't been able to spend a lot of one on one time with her - so I thought this would be perfect. Lori hooked us up with unbelievable tickets - in a suite - thanks Lori!! Whitney was in absolute heaven and still talks about the Dragon that spit out fire and the prince had to beat to get to sleeping beauty. It was a lot of fun. Here are some pictures.

Sunday evening we went to Lori and Rob's for a family get together since Jeff and Selly are counting down days until they leave for California. They made an incredible dinner, Grandma and Grandpa threw two huge Easter egg hunts - one for the kids and one for the adults (I always thought Easter egg hunts would be way more fun with adults and I was right!). Then Lori and Rob were so nice to throw Travis and Whitney a birthday party and they got a hauling of toys! They have loved everything and the princess underwear that Brooklyn gave Whitney I think sealed the deal on our potty training days - I guess she just refuses to pee on a princess - should have done that 5 months ago! Here is a picture of Whitney playing with one of her presents from Jeff and Selly - finger paints on Travis' table - also one at Rob and Lori's house.





3 comments:

Melissa O said...

I love going to Grandparents. Its a small moment where as a parent you can take a deep breath. The older my parents get and the more children I have the more they are like its great to hear from you, but if you can't visit we understand. Its a lot for them to handle.

Christa O'Brien said...

I wish someone would throw me an easter egg hunt. I think I would be awesome.

Princesses on Ice would be awesome. Natalie would love that, too. Who knew that you and I could have girls that love the whole princess thing? I'm amazed by this all the time...

Kristin said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Love the part about Whitney's princess underwear!

Surfing, huh? I think you're going to have to move to California if you're thinking of picking that up as a hobby (which I know you would love!)...