Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day

Well we had a good Valentines Day - it's crazy how the way you look at Valentines Day changes depending on what stage of life you are in. Our cute neighbor Emma brought Whitney over a valentine which she was so excited about because it had candy in it!! It brought back memories of elementary valentine parties that I loved because why else? free candy!! I remember making all those cheesy valentine boxes (my favorite being the mailbox one) in which other students could put thier valentines to you in. Then in Jr. High I dreaded it because I didn't know which nerd I was going to get a flower or note from. (this sounds harsh - and it is - but trust me I must have nerd charm or something - because every year without fail!!) When we were Newleyweds it was fun because we were able to just focus on eachother, although our dates never really went according to plans! Now I love the day because it reminds me of how much I have - how much I really love my husband, kids, family, ect.. Truly I am lucky to have so many people to love! Happy Valentines everyone - thanks for enriching my life!!

1 comment:

Christa O'Brien said...

Sorry I haven't commented in a while...life is crazy! I also miss elementary school valentines day. Those were good times. This year, we all had the flu. All four of us! Even after getting flu shots, we were all sick like crazy. So, no valentines day for us...so sad! We will have a rockin St. Patty's day though!