Sunday, February 17, 2008

Surfing!!

We went home for a couple days this weekend and did something I've been longing to do since I heard about it. I've always wanted to surf, one of my life long dreams but haven't had the chance to just yet. Ogden has this indoor wave pool called the flowrider. It was so much fun!!! It is pretty different than normal surfing but still fun to pretend - from what I've heard in a lot of ways it's harder than surfing. Anyway, my neck is pretty sore today from wiplash - but it was worth every pain and penny!! Aaron was good to babysit since his back was having issues. Thanks mom and dad for the fun - my kids have a blast everytime they get to come and play. Here is some footage of me, Jeff, and Lindsay.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Sweet ride Mel! Now you just need to come to Houston and try out some real waves! :)

The Cook Fam said...

That looks like fun. My nephews were just telling me about this place. I don't know-falling looks a bit painful.

Kristin said...

I've heard about that place. I haven't ever been surfing - we were going to go in Ireland, but the day we chose to go the ocean was completely flat. Bad luck, I guess! So are you going to become a surf bum?

Rashole said...

That looks pretty fun. The best part is watching it shoot you out when you wipeout.

Gunn Family said...

What surfing in Utah?? This is great. I have to try it! It looks so fun!!

Lacy said...

:(:(:( I cannot get the first video to play!! But I love the second one. That is something we will have to do next time we are out there.

Terra said...

What a blast! I think we are going to have to head up there to try it out. You guys do such fun things! I was hoping to see Bev catching a wave. :) Maybe next time!?!

Natasha Ireland said...

you looked like a pro