Friday, February 15, 2008

Bonding with Harry Potter


You like this cover?
The last couple winters I have picked a book series I have always wanted to read to get me through the winter months (now that I don't have to read textbooks). Last winter was the Work and The Glory. This winter about mid- December when I had all my Christmas shopping and stuff done I started Harry Potter. I never read any of the books before because I heard how addicting they are and I didn't want to get obsessed with them. I guess I figured I had time for an addiction in my life so I started reading. Last night I finished the last book - that's right my husband gave me a 1/2 hour on our Valentines evening to finish my Harry Potter book (I think he's really happy that I'm done with reading). What an incredible ride!! Seriously, usually I am pretty good at predicting what might happen or what the author is thinking - but any time I thought I knew what was going to happen J.K would throw me a curve ball. I'll admit I was totally addicted and have read and thought about Harry Potter way too much in the past 2 months - but it was a blast. The last couple books were amazing. Well, now I'll have to focus my attention to something maybe more productive, like perhaps, reading the scriptures :)


If you are a Harry Potter fanatic you probably already know about this - but while trying to find a picture to put with this blog I ran accross this fun website. http://www.jkrowling.com/en/index.cfm

2 comments:

The Cook Fam said...

I loved those books!

Kristin said...

I can't believe you never read any of the books until now! That's impressive. I'm glad you liked them - I'm a big Harry Potter fan. Wasn't at first when everyone else was into the Harry Potter craze (I didn't want to conform - at least until after the 4th book came out), but J.K. Rowling won in the end.