Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Post of the year

Well, I figured while my kids were asleep for a nap I would jump on and put just a couple last thoughts of the year on our blog. Jeff and Passelly got married on Thursday. It was nice to go to the SL temple and watch their sealing take place. It is always such a good reminder to me of the importance of eternal family and how lucky I am to have the family I do. It was also fun to see people I haven't for a while - like my cousins Terra and Summer - who now know that I have been secretly spying on their blogs. Thanks for not blocking me now that the secret is out! I wish I didn't have kids that day that were higher than a kite so I could've visited with people more! After the wedding we headed for Idaho to spend a few days with Aaron's family. It was fun to see the Texans again - Emily & Luke and Heather, Troy, and Eva. Aaron got a good day of skiing in at Targhee and then Saturday we got to go through the Rexburg Temple open house. We had a very enjoyable visit and are thankful for Justin & Harley's hospitality!!! Without them we probably wouldn't have received our precious sleep! Although the holidays were fun it feels SO good to be home relaxing today.

This past year has been so good to us. I love the stage we are at (unless we are at a place where we have to keep our kids quiet) and look forward to what will happen this upcoming year. I feel like I have experienced a roller coaster of emotions and learned so much from life's joys and challenges. Here's to another year of good times and good health - who knows, maybe I will be able to do one of my life's ambitions and go surfing this year!! Happy New Year everyone!!

2 comments:

Terra said...

It was so great to see you guys again. I just wish we could have actually had time to visit! And now that I know you spy on us via our blogs, I expect comments from time to time! :) Your Christmas pics are so cute. I love the princess dresses and Whitney sporting her new blades. Too cute!

Andria said...

Melanie!!! So glad to find you on facebook! Your kids are so cute!