Saturday, December 15, 2007

5 year Anniversary



It's been Five years since me and Aaron got married. It is so crazy to think how much has changed in our lives in 5 years, and to think what the next 5 years might have in store for us! I remember all to well 5 years ago how we had moved into a basement apartment also known as the dungeon - and with 2 4 inch windows in the whole main area it pretty much was a dungeon. The kitchen area was slanted and held our washer and dryer & a portable dishwasher. The bedroom could barely fit our full size bed and had beautiful green carpet. We had $400 dollars to our names combined. Aaron had just started working for Larry's company (the one he now ownes) and I was a semester away from graduation. We didn't care about all this though because we were just so happy to have finally found the one we wanted to spend the rest of our life with!

Now, two kids and a new house and business later I still feel the same way. Yes, I obviously love my life right now, but truly I would move back into the dungeon as long as I could be with Aaron. I'm not going to pretend these last 5 years have been the easiest of my life, I think between knee surgery, a teaching job, coaching, being pregnant twice, and trying to raise two high-energy kids has thrown at me more challenges than the previouse 21 years before it. But regardless of this our family has been so blessed and my heart is so full of gratitude to think of what I have. Even on the hardest days when I'm exhausted I can honestly say I wouldn't want it any other way.

I'm so grateful for a husband that has made my life so good through his hard work. I have learned so much from him and in so many ways I want to be more like him. I know this is all cheesy but thanks for humoring me and letting me put just a few of my thoughts down.

By the way - Thanks so much Bethany for playing with our kids so me and Aaorn could celebrate our Anniversary in peace. Our planned crazy family celebration trip to Reb Robin turned into a nice, peaceful night out at PF Changs.

No comments: