Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Whitney's the big 8!!

Wow, what a milestone!  This has been a very special and sentimental birthday. 

Whitney was so excited for her birthday only to have the stomach bug.  Poor girl shed some tears thinking of how she wouldn't get to celebrate in her class or do all the fun things we had planned.  Although, after watching tv all morning she started to think maybe it wasn't so bad to be sick on your birthday :) 

She chilled most of the day and just did cake and presents rather than iceskating.  She was a good sport.



This birthday has come with mixed emotions.  I feel much more accountable for what I've taught Whitney.  I'm so proud of the girl she is and am motivated by her to be a better mom.  whitney has always been my pal and my best helper.  She has made this last year doable.  She puts up with my yelling far too much and has a heart of gold with her quick to forgive attitude.  She is so excited to get baptized and be a part of activity days.  Sometimes I have to take a second look at her because she is looking older every day!  I really feel lucky to be her mom!  Thanks Whitney for being such an amazing girl!

No comments: