Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ashley's 1!

We made it!!
1 year old
 And it was definitely anticlimatic!  When your sick and honry on your birthday, and your mom is too, it's more endurance than celebration.  So I counted down the first year...and am still counting :)  At least we got some snuggles in between the fusses.
 So the real celebration was more like 2 days later.  Love this smile :)
 This past year has been quite the adventure.  Probably the hardest year of my life to date.  I feel like we endured the first 6 months well, and then when school started I just couldn't keep up anymore.  Things get easier each day.  Some better than others.  The basement project just added to the workload.  But honestly, even though I'd be seriously lying if I didn't admit it has been incredibly hard...I still wouldn't want it any different.  They grow fast, things change fast, and I'll keep reminding myself that I need to enjoy the small moments every day.

Crazy that in a year Ashley has gone from this:
 to this:





Funny and lovable things about Ashley:  She is an actress just like Hailey.  She eats an insane amount of cereal for breakfast.  She refuses to walk without my finger even though we BOTH know she is completely capable.  She refuses to walk but willingly climbs on anything...no matter the height.  She loves her dad.  She loves outside.  She loves playing with her siblings.

Our home is never a dull moment when Ashley is awake!  Happy b-day!

No comments: