Monday, March 8, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Oh how I wish I had pictures of this event, but being that we just got a new camera a couple days ago (our old one quit Christmas morning), words will have to do.

In an attempt to let the kids have something to look forward to and get some much needed winter energy out, I signed them up for swimming lessons. This lady in Spanish Fork does them out of her indoor pool, and let me tell ya, it was perfect.

Whitney was in a class with four other girls. It was amazing to me what they learned just by going twice a week for a month. Whitney could jump into the pool and then swim (doggy paddle) back to the stairs by herself! I would hold my breath every time watching her -making sure she came up fine. She is so brave, didn't even hesitate. She learned a few strokes, how to float on her back and how to jump in correctly. My favorite is when the teacher tried to get them to go under water and pick up a weighted ring. Whitney was pretty proud of herself when she picked it up with her foot, thus, negating the necessity of holding her breath under water. :) On the last day of class Whitney surprised everyone during the last event. Once again they were jumping into the pool and swimming back - but Whitney wanted to go out with a bang. She did a 360 into the water.

Travis was hilarious. Watching his little legs kick a thousand miles an hour made me laugh inside the entire time. His teacher loved how grown up he talked and he cracked her up a lot. His favorite activity was finding rocks underwater on the stairs. He would go under for an extended period of time making sure he got that rock. His teacher commented that he was so determined to get the rock that she lifted him out of the water a couple times just to make sure he was still ok. Funny guy.

A highlight for me - I don't know why but I would laugh everytime I saw my kids in goggles.

Anyways, nothing too exciting, but it sure added some flavor to our month of February. We're counting down for Hailey to come now. Hopefully sooner than later. Life is still good.

4 comments:

Lacy said...

Gosh, your kids REALLY need to give Reagan some pointers. She still freaks out when I bring up swimming or pools.

Looking forward to you having that baby!

Melissa O said...

too cute. I love it.

Kristin said...

That's really neat that you can do lessons at her private pool! I've been trying to figure out lessons for Nicole, but the only option is the local Y, and we're not members. Can't wait for the news that Hailey has arrived! :)

Unknown said...

I've got to get my kids in some swim lessons! we're moving to vegas for crying out loud. What else are we going to do?