Saturday, March 20, 2010

She's Here!

I'm finally taking a moment to post about our Hailey making her grand entrance! On Monday we went to the hospital to be induced - oh, what a beautiful procedure. No pain on the way to the hospital, no pain while putting on the gown, no calling anyone at 2 in the morning. Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen came down Sunday night and we had Lindsay and Jared and Bethany over for our last grand meal before the baby.

Everything went smoothly I endured a few contractions to feel like this labor thing was for real. About an hour into contractions I was at a 4 and got an epidural. An hour later - at a six, 2 minutes later - at a nine, 1 minute later - at a ten! And then..... an hour hanging out at a ten waiting for the doc. Thank goodness for epidurals! At about noon Hailey came out as a xerox copy of Whitney as a baby.



A highlight for me - watching my kids come to the hospital and see Hailey for the first time. Their eyes lit up like Christmas morning! And despite that excitement lasting maybe 2 minutes for Travis, Whitney still begs to hold her all day, she's already a mom in training - way ahead of me!

She is such a cute, good baby. We've all bonded pretty fast. I'm so excited to have her here. In the past I've counted down how long until they are one and can walk. But for now, I am completely content with my newborn. I want to freeze time.

19 comments:

Shorter family said...

Congratulations!! She is adorable!! I hope will teach your daughters the totally awesome dance we made up to the beach boys! :)
P.s. Sorry again for throwing a barbie at your head:)
-Jessica

Harley said...

Awe, she's precious! And she DOES looke like Whitney! Wow, congrats. The picture of her & Whitney made me have tears it is so cute. :)

Unknown said...

Look at her! man, I remember coming to your shower for Whitney. SHE IS DARLING.

Anonymous said...

YEA YEA YEA!!! She is finally here and more importantly, you are no longer pregnant :)

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!

The Moores said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! She is beautiful!!

Lyndsie said...

So cute!!! I can't wait to hold her. :)

Jeff said...

Great pictures, Whitney is going to make such a good mom

Jeff said...

She is so cute and looks just like Whitney! I cant wait to see her in person :)
-passelly

Melissa O said...

Congrats Melanie. I was wondering when that baby would come. I hope she let's you sleep. :) If you need me to come and hold her while you sleep I am all in.

Terra said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations to you all on your ADORABLE little addition to the fam.

Emily said...

That picture of Whitney with her is absolutely precious. What a great big sister she'll be.
Congratulations. I'm so happy for you!

Janene said...

Congratulations Mel! I felt the same way when #3 came along...I just wanted to hold her all the time because you realize just how fast they grow up! Your kids are all darling! Happy Sleeping! :)

The Cook Fam said...

Congratulations! She is such a beautiful baby. I hope all is going well and that you are taking it easy super woman. Send the kids over to play.

Kristin said...

Aw, so cute! Congratulations on the new baby. And take care of yourself, mommy. I remember seeing you rollerblading up Provo Canyon like a week after you had Whitney. You're so tough. :)

The Pyne's said...

wow, congrats melanie!!! She is adorable and it looks like you've got some good helpers there!!

PS. I LOVE to see your mom and dad in your pictures, since we are out of state now, we don't get to go to our parents ward and see everyone anymore!! So it's just fun to see pics of them!

Hope all is well!!

Stacey (frazier) Pyne

Unknown said...

She's beautiful! I love that Whitney is such a good 'mom.' They're cute kids!

Carrie said...

Congrats! She is beautiful, enjoy the sweet new baby time!

Melonie said...

Congratulations! She's darling. Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the new little one.

Jeannie Barclay said...

She is beautiful! I am so excited for you guys. My sister had her baby on Monday too. Good day to have babies I guess! I love the pictures!