
The last three weeks have been primarily focused on one thing - potty training whitney. She is doing really well - for some reason she likes just strutting around in underwear - or as she says "mom I just want to be naked k" (I can't imagine where she got this trait from :)) Aaron just told me a funny story that happened while I was at Young Women's in Excellence. Aaron and Whitney were being so good and cleaning the house for mom and then he said he heard her say "dang it!" - he asked what - "I peed in my underwear." I guess she was kind of upset that she had an accident, but honestly it has happened so seldom that I thought it was cute. Anyway, to save you anymore potty talk, Whitney is a quick learner and it's coming along. Meanwhile my kids are exploring every corner of this home! They definately are not used to being stuck inside even half the day. Whitney's new fasination is with lights and my eliptical which she hangs on like a monkey (thus the Halloween costume) and Travis loves the stairway railing - especially when he is surprised with a game of peek-a-boo. Here is some proof

It's pretty scary and funny at the same time (funny mostly to hear Whitney grunt and to see the look on Travis' face!) but Whitney is always trying to carry Travis around. She is really proud that she can hold Travis while going down the slide at the playground.

Also in latest news, yesterday was my annual try to cook a turkey day. We had Bethany, Neal, Jeff & Selly over for some good food and pie. The side dishes definately turned out better than the turkey, but oh well, live and learn. It was fun to have them over and enjoy company and finally let Jeff win a thrilling came of Settlers of Catan (definately sarcastic - it was a loooooooooong game!) I even got to take some pics of Jeff & Selly - I love doing that kind of stuff, I wish I was a photographer! Maybe one day. Check out thier blog if you want to see a couple of the pictures - they are a cute couple - a lot of the pics were really cute!
Jeff and Selly were having fun eating with Travis - Jeff put these sunglasses on Travis, I thought it was hillarious and Aaron thought he looked like Elton John!





2 comments:
Holy goodness, those kids are adorable. Once, Lucy came walking in my room, from the other side of the house, with her two month old baby brother in her arms... "Look Mommy, I'm holding the baby." She was holding him... by his head. He wasn't crying, but I think it might have been because he couldn't really breath.
Good luck with the potty training. I hope Whitney does better than Lucy did... she did great at first, but once she got the hang of it, she would hold it and hold it... and hold it. Until she could't hold it anymore. That was a hard habit to break!
And... I tagged you on my blog.
Have you ever tried a Sweetheart Turkey? No bones, just nice breast meat wrapped up nicely. It is a foolproof way to cook turkey! Your kids are darling and you never seem to get frustrated-you just go with the flow. I love that about you. You remind me to be more patient.
Post a Comment