
We had a great Halloween......besides the day being a mess because Whitney had so much energy it was one thing after another! But our Halloween night was very enjoyable. Jeff, Selly, and Lindsay came over to help us celebrate. I got to witness Selly pulling seeds out of a pumpkin for the first time before both Me and Aaron were able to take the animals out trick-or-treating. It was so nice of them to house sit for us because I hadn't been trick-or-treating in a long time, it brought back a lot of great memories growing up!
Travis was a chicken - the costume idea fit him pretty good - he was a funny chicken. I got a pretty good laugh when I set him down and he couldn't hold himself up in the costume and would just fall over and try to roll.

Whitney was "curious Whitney" our Monkey. Lindsay helped paint her face and it was hillariuos to watch her reaction to her painted face in the mirror - she just froze and didn't know what to think, I think it scared her a little bit, well worth the entertainment!

Like I said we got to take both kids out trick-or-treating while the siblings ate the candy and held up the fort - thanks guys! My endurance for trick-or-treating was a little longer than Aaron's, so after about 30 min. he took the chicken home and me and the monkey continued. Whitney was so into it - her eyes always got so big when she saw that bucket of candy and I could tell it took a lot of restriction to take only 1! She was in heaven when she came home and dumped out all her candy - she shoved a lot in really fast! It was so cute how giving she is though, after the last couple houses she was excited to go home and share some of her candy with Jeff, Selly, Lindsay, and Daddy.
We finished the night off with a classic movie - the burbs. The previous night I found out that Aaron had never seen the movie when I joked that our neighbors were like the burbs. definately an 80's movie - but still fun.




5 comments:
Melanie!!!! I've wondered how you were doing and what you were up too.. when I found a link to your blog on Christa's blog, I was so excited! I was sure it was you when I saw the picture of your little girl... who looks just like you! I would love to hear more about your family. It seems like you are doing really well from reading over your blog... I'm going to have to link to yours so I can check back often. You should be able to get to my blog through my profile...
It's me again... I came to my blog, I saw your comment... I read your comment... your comment disappeared. I love computers. So, even though no trace of you remains on my blog... just wanted you to know I did actually see your comment before it vanished in to cyberspace, and that I'm so glad you found me and figured out who I was! (I thought about that after the fact... hmmm. she isn't going to know me!)
So which neighbors are like the burbs? Please say we are not the ones hiding a body. Either way, we think you are fantastic neighbors. That is one cute chick and monkey!
Your kids are so cute! I have to say that monkeys and chickens are two of my favorite animals. You (or your kids) chose wisely! :)
Oh, Mel. I just love you and your kids (and Aaron, too!) Reading your blog makes me smile! Maybe someday we will get to celebrate Halloween 'Hoopes-style' with you guys ;)
Post a Comment