We had a great Thanksgiving! On our way to Idaho this year we were able to attend my Grandpa's Funeral. It was really well done and nice to see family and put life into perspective. Another miracle happened on our ride to Idaho - our kids were excellent. They slept most of the way and were pretty content (movies sure help!) - a great start to our vacation. We did a lot of fun things while we were there, nighttime hiking, football, games, but my most favorite, and Whitney too, was swimming at Green Canyon. Justin was smart enough to tell us to go when they opened on Friday - so we had the pool all to ourselves for almost an hour!! It was so fun, Travis and Whitney loved every moment of it. I think I enjoyed it so much this time because 1. I wasn't pregnant this time! 2. Travis was in so much heaven that he was fine chilling with Dad 3. Whitney was doing so good swimming with her floaties and ring that I didn't have to hold her every second in case she went under and 4. Me and Whitney spent a good while just jumping off the Diving Board and goofing off - I love the freedom!! Justin & Harley were awesome hosts and let us crash their place for a night of good food and Football. Whitney was in heaven the whole vacation because she had two friends to play with the whole time. It was so fun to see Brynn, Tori, and whitney always planning the next party and playing together, they were so cute. I couldn't help but take this picture of the 3 girls with their snacks watching a movie.

On our way home we stopped at my parents house for a much needed break. My parents gave me and Aaron a questionnaire type thing we filled out at thanksgiving 5 years ago (kind of a tradition - I really enjoy it). It was fun to have a flashback to when we were engaged and 2 weeks away from getting married. It brought back a lot of memories and made me realize how much really changes in 5 years. It was fun to fill out another questionnaire and wonder what our lives will be like five years from now. Reading that little paper brought a lot of feelings with it - mostly an appreciation for life - for everything I've been able to experience. I'm so grateful for an incredible husband and awesome kids. Even when it's a hard day and I complain about lack of freedom, sleep, ect.. I always know I would never want my life any other way. I'm so grateful for family and friends that make life fun and exciting.
3 comments:
That questionnaire was fun to read. On the last question, Matt put that in 5 years we would have a kid because I was already pregnant.
so is what Matt put on the paper a true statement?
Mel Mel- I clicked on Lacy's link today to her blog and saw a link on her page to a blog called "life on the bayou." Lacy's cousin is in my ward here in Louisiana! They just moved in. It really is a small world!
Post a Comment