Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January

This has been an interesting month! Not boring, not overly exciting, but just enough flavor that I feel I should journal. So . . . this won't be an overly entertaining post, but more for my memory sake.

We started off the year as usual - playing with Christmas toys and enjoying every last second of College football possible. The kids loved having a movie night in their new coloring house. We played in the little amounts of snow that we've had, and lived up any nice day outside possible.


Although that became impossible really fast. Whitney got sick, then, we all did. Ear aches, pink eyes, coughs, runny noses. You name it! And I'm still here writing with a cold! Poor Hailey got hit hard. She would NEVER fall asleep like this. But I let her rest on the couch while we ate dinner and this is what we found 2 minutes later.






Despite the sickness we still played games and had fun. The game of the month has definitely been our version of dodge ball.





Halfway into the month Whitney and Travis moved to their new room. That was slick. Hailey was the tough one. After a couple nights of falling off the bed I purchased a bed rail. SOOOOOO worth my while. Hailey watched me put it on and I could see a light in her mind go off thinking - sweet, this is just a bigger crib now. Needless to say, since the installation, she has slept like a champ.




In other news I have completely enjoyed serving in YW. We have tons of beehives, they are great, but still crazy! We played noodle hockey, which I got a little to competitive and was walking like a 90 yr. old the next couple days. We did baptisms for the dead, which I hadn't done in years and is one of my favorite things about the temple. And they also surprised me with a baby shower. The girls played a game where they had to put a huge balloon under their shirt and pick up stuff. I laughed pretty hard, because if those balloons were about 10 pounds heavier, they would feel even more like me!




We've enjoyed company - Aaron's mom and siblings came to play. Last Friday I really enjoyed a day playing/shopping with my family at the outlets. Family really is the spice in life.




In pregnancy news I'm definitely feeling closer to being done. However, compared to previous pregnancies this is definitely one of my better ones. I really can't complain that much. Part of me is so excited to meet this baby, and part of me is living up my last weeks of eating without interruption, naps, sleep in general, being able to somewhat exercise, having free time and free arms, and nice peaceful evenings.


Whitney's highlight of the month = crafts

Travis' highlight of the month = eat, dream, talk, about live lego starwars

Hailey's highlight of the month = swimming in mom's bath and learning nursery rhyms such as "sally go round the chimney pots", "itsy bitsy spider", and "bickory dickory dock". She also learned to say Jabba the hutt :) and randomly learned the scooby doo theme song.

What a month it has been. Good, fast and a great start to our year (except hopefully we've payed our do's on the sickness part!)







1 comment:

Unknown said...

I imagine you are such a FUN mom. Cody (mine his age) and Travis would get along great:) Good luck with the upcoming new one, that is so exciting!!