Thursday, February 9, 2012

Jedi Travis

Travis has been planning his birthday party since the night of Christmas. He likes looking forward to the next adventure :). I lucked out that we were hosting playgroup the same week as his birthday - so we got a 2 for 1.

It's an understatement to say Travis is into starwars. His reality is a mixture of life and starwars right now. The last two days I watched episode 4 and 5 with him, and yes, they are definately as anti-clamatic and boring as I remember, however, travis is as excited as if he were at Disneyland watching them. We had to pause the movie today to pick up Whitney from school. On the way Travis said "Mom, it's important to listen to Yoda and Jesus, huh." Glad he's getting such amazing insight into life:)

Anywho, back to the birthday party. Travis came up with a genius idea all by himself. We should make a Darth Mal (I'm not star wars smart, have no idea on spelling) pinata. I've never seen him so into a craft.



I was very pleased with the results.




We made hard core noodle light sabers for the Jedi's coming




And the day of we prepared light saber snacks and Yoda soda.


One reminder with boys, they don't really care about details. If I didn't point out the snacks looked like light sabers and the juice was the same color as Yoda they wouldn't have even noticed. Here's a few of the Jedi's celebrating their snacks. They earned their snack by completing Jedi training. Which consisted of me (Darth Vader) throwing play balls at them while they practiced blocking with their sabers.



They beat up Darth Mal pretty darn good and then it was off to play dress-ups. Travis was in heaven with his captain America dress-ups. He rushed to get his matching pajamas to complete the outfit.



This was my kind of party! Easy, fun, and only a handful of boys.

No comments: