Monday, September 19, 2011

Lack of Labor Day

Since obtaining a set from Grandma. Tea parties have been quite frequent at our house. Hailey plays along only if there really is something(water :)) in her cup. Whitney is sporting her new Halloween costume. I'm thrilled that she chose something other than a princess. Nothing against princesses. But it's Halloween. They're just, NOT, SCARY! I celebrate Labor day by a lack of Labor. Which to me is cleaning. So we went on a hike and enjoyed the great outdoors. Plus a trip to Red Robin always makes my day. Anytime I don't have to cook I'm happy. Here is the start of our excursion:


We ate in a "hideout" in the trees off the beaten path. The rocks were bumpy and we were getting attacked by mosquitoes. Of course as soon as we were done Aaron thought he saw something around the corner. Sure wish we would've found this outdoor house before we ate!



Towards the end there is a nice shallow river to play in. Hailey loves to throw rocks in water. Which makes me proud :)




I convinced Whit and Trav to cross the river with the incentive of icecream....







End result. Travis not very happy about his slightly wet pant leg that fell down and his freezing feet.



Whitney, our tough girl, on the other hand, happily made it there and back.



I don't know why pictures from the back are so cute to me lately. Maybe it describes my view lately, since I'm slowing down.




1 comment:

Jared, Lindsay, and Trae said...

Hahah, you always make me laugh Mel...the "Maybe it describes my view lately, since I'm slowing down" caught me off guard big time. I just realized that you have always been prego during the holidays...and that is awesome. Taking note :)