Wednesday, August 3, 2011

some of each

How do you cover weeks of summer in one post when everyday could be a seperate one? You don't. At least I won't. I'll skim the highlight and perhaps fill in later. Here's five things we've been up to:

1. The Mountains. Best part about summer. Aaron has taken both Whitney and Travis on seperate campouts. I was happy to get my kind of campout - a couple hours enjoying mother nature.
Kids explored and of course fought bad guys with sticks. We were all starving. It didn't help that I swear be fireproof wood. Aaron had a great fire started, we rushed for the hot dogs, and came back to a pit of smoke. After a long fight. Aaron finally won and we got enough flame to cook our dogs.



Hailey enjoyed her banana boat. She was smothered in chocolate. Notice the smoke in the background. Yeah, that's from the smoke/fire.

We hiked for a couple minutes after.

I love that my kids love the outdoors. It's how it should be!





#2 - 24th of July festivities


Started off with a children's parade. Our ward put together a float for an activity. Here's Travis with a couple fellow sunbeam friends.

Whitney chose the big kid "I'm riding a bike" mode. I still have to remind myself that she is getting more independent.

Me, Aaron, and Hailey walked a little ways down the road to watch. It was clear when they came that Whitney was more into the social than the parade. It took lots of screaming for her to even see us. She was content to be on a ride with her friends.

This pic is somewhat hard to see. Travis is hanging off the back of the float and waving. He was a good waver. He's buddied up next to his good friends Logan and Gannon. If you can find a purple skirt in the bottom left corner - that's Whitney.

We hit the usual rides at Spanish Fork. I was shocked how willing Whit and Trav were to ride the big kid rides. Aaron was happy to have company. I love Aaron and Hailey's relationship. Here she is sneaking in a snuggle.







On the 25th (day we celebrated) the kids were ready for more face painting. Although this time it wasn't something little on the cheek. They wanted extreme!


Introducing spider man:

Whit wanted a massive butterfly

Yeah, kind of looks more like Halloween. I was shocked they kept it on half the day!



#3 Lindsay & Jared


We have loved having Lindsay and Jared and Trae live close by. They have been awesome playmates. We have done to much to even list. Last night my kids said we should go to the reservoir with them. I had to explain that they lived a little farther now, but we'll visit soon.


We attended the splash park with them. These pics are from a previous visit where I learned I should have put Hailey in a swimsuit also.



I loved seeing these two midgets together.

My kids love Trae and adore Lindsay and Jared. Here's Travis doing his favorite thing: making Trae laugh. Such a cute kid!

#4 - Idaho


I really need to be better about taking pics. Sorry, but none were taken. We enjoyed time with family in Idaho for a week. Our stay was extended for Aaron's Grandpa's funeral. It was so well done and we feel lucky to have such great examples as grandparents. I love how much my kids love playing with their cousins. They couldn't get enough. As always, everyday was action packed with swimming, hiking, swinging, and talking. On the ride home Whitney asked a usual question : What city are we in? Aaron explained that we were in Lehi, then came American Fork, Pleasant Grove, Orem, Provo, Springville, and then Spanish Fork. To which she replied "Sheesh Dad, it seems like Spanish Fork is at the end of the world!" Seems like that sometimes on a long drive :)



#5 - Summer


that's right, all the misc of summer. I love it. Today we took Whitney to the school and I was so relieved to see she has a good teacher with lots of neighborhood kids in her class. She is very excited. I'm excited as well, but it sounds like a long day with her gone so long.


Hailey is talking more:



She explored everything.

random popcorn party.


I feel so lucky to have an awesome husband and kids. We'll live up our last 2 weeks of summer.

1 comment:

Harley said...

I agree that Spanish Fork does seem like at the end of the world! Ha, ha, that was so cute! Ahh, our kids miss their cousins dearly. Every day we do something & Jadie asks if Whitney & Travis are coming with us. That week was great! Love you guys!