Wednesday, May 25, 2011

summer goals

I set goals for our kids this summer. Yesterday I explained our goals. Today we started them. One goal for Whitney was to read the handful of beginner books her Grandma gave her. Today she already read one - yes, these are the same books that a while ago I tried to get her to read and after trying she said to "give them back to Grandma." At this rate she'll accomplish our reading goal next week. I thought it would be a summer long goal.


One of Travis' goals was to learn to ride his bike without training wheels. After all, one more year and he'll need to be able to ride his bike to school like the others. So we tested it out this morning. I prepared for a struggle. I gave him a pep talk. I tried not to get frustrated. And this is what happened:






Apparently I need to set higher goals for my children.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

Impressive!! Can I have you set some for my kids? I'll even fly you out here for the pep talk :) Okay fine, to save me the cost of a ticket, you can give them the pep talk over the 4th of July!! :)