Sunday, May 15, 2011

come and play sun

We have absolutly loved our sunny days, if only they would happen more often! The kids have had plenty of sun and enjoyed every moment outside playing with friends. Travis and Gracie have had fun fighting bad guys and playing soccer and basketball. I love that they have to dress the part. Gracie is Travis' BFF next door. I love this girl. Travis has been sporting a new BYU outfit. How could I pass this up at good 'ole Walmart. Now he wants a Jimmer jersey :)


Doesn't Hailey looked thrilled.


Hailey has turned 20 shades darker these last couple weeks. Her hair is lightening in the sun - just like her siblings did as toddlers. She is so entertaining to watch and listen to. She dances, tells stories, makes dog noises, and has a 2 second attention span. It would take a miracle to get a picture of her actually LOOKING at the camera. Trust me I've tried!


Checking out the flowers



Kid shot - okay, so I should rephrase. It would take a miracle to catch Hailey both SMILING AND LOOKING at the camera. They don't happen simultaneously.



Loving this stage.


The last couple weeks I've been reading a book. The book is great. I would recommend it. Ploblem is, I think it's triggering a third-life crisis (I hope I'm not considered mid-life yet)! It's about accomplishing your life mission. I have so many things on my list. But for starters now I am VERY itchy to go back to school for a masters. Anyone know a good college that has online classes for a masters? I've got some ideas. I'm pretty sure Aaron is just hoping this idea will blow by. But I've had a slight itch to do this since graduation from BYU - now it's stronger. Another thing to do on my list write/publish the handful of books in my head. So, I'm not even close to patient, but I'll give myself a ten year deadline to get a masters, publish at least 2 of the 5 books, and get all my kids here while keeping my body somewhat together. Despite all these ambitions, when I step back and look at my life my family is what really matters. Nothing I can accomplish will be more important. I'll just keep repeating that in my head when thoughts of school and books spin in my mind at 11 pm. tonight.






4 comments:

Jeff said...

Can't believe how similar Haley and Whit look. She is now at the "cheese" face stage.

Kristy said...

I LOVE being able to go outside when it's nice too. My baby loves all the new things to see. Yay!

Christa O'Brien said...

Kids are cute! Wish we could have a playdate :)

Unknown said...

Man, I need some long term goals. I just want to get the dishwasher emptied before I go to bed. :)