So I suppose I should've seen this coming . . . but it still makes me laugh. Other than the alphabet basics, my child has learned some very good "valley talk" in kindergarten. It takes me by surprise to hear her use the word "like" at times when it is absolutely unneeded. If I didn't have higher hopes for her I'd swear I was raising barbie.
Example:
Whitney: "Mom will you put my hair in a ponytail" she asks as she walks up to me with elastic in hand and her hair in the exact location she desires.
Me: "Sure"
I then put her hair in the desired position - a style I'm very familiar with these days :)
She then feels her hair and gets worried
Whitney: "No mom, I wanted it smooth . . . . . . oh, ha ha" She discovers it is in fact how she wanted it.
Whitney: "I was like no mom, thats like not how it's supposed to be."
I was never really the "valley girl" kind, but I like to play along.
Me: "And then I was like, no Whitney, that's like the way you told me."
The End
Fun Box
3 months ago




5 comments:
lol! I love it!
When do i get so see the munchkin in the chicken suit? Its tradition.
Mel! This is hilarious. Are you sure she's your daughter?? ;) Your family is so cute! Hope you guys are well.
That is too funny! Kaley is always throwing in the "like" where ever she can! Where do they get these things?! :)
I love it! You were not the valley girl type, but I can remember several different dialects coming from your mouth... :) She's so cute...I love that you have 2 girls. You are more girly than you give yourself credit for! :)
Post a Comment