Thursday, April 15, 2010

One Month!


We made it a whole month! Today Hailey is one month old. I can honestly say that this last month was a lot easier and went a lot smoother than I planned. It sure helps to have older kids that are somewhat independent and helpful. They have been so good with the change.

So far Hailey has such a great presence about her. I love that she is already trying to respond to people and trying to hold her head up. She seems very calm and endures a lot more without crying than her siblings did. The best part of it all - from day one she was making it 3-4 hours at a time sleeping during the night. That didn't happen until about 6-8 months with my other kids, so I feel like I'm sleeping great (most of the time :))!
Here she is taking a bath in the sink. Her face doesn't show the delight, but she really does like it - or endures it very well.


I'm really enjoying just holding and snuggling her. Although with the warm weather I'm starting to itch to go play outside. Two more weeks hopefully and I can start running. My mental health will sure appreciate that! Here's to Hailey, thanks for a great first month. I love my life and our family with you in it!
Just for kicks, here's the kids taking an intense swim in the bath. Notice they have their water toys to play with too. I wish my bath time was this fun.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Aw, she is so cute Mel! I can't believe you're a mother of 3. I'm sure you're able to handle it all just fine!

Jeff said...

What a cute kid! Passelly is so jealous that she can't be there to cuddle her all day long. I love the goggle pic, great look for the kids. I'm thinking Travis goes as Michael Phelps in a speedo, goggles, and skull cap for halloween this year.

Tricia said...

She is so cute!! What a cute family!

Emily said...

We need some more pictures of Hailey -- I can't get enough! What a cutie. And I know, it's been said a hundred times, but the spitting image of her big sister! Keep us posted. We miss you guys!

Amy Schelin said...

Your little girl is beautiful! Can't wait to see her in person!

The Neumann Clan said...

She is adorable! I love it when you can get more sleep then you planned on. I think that I have the exact same counter tops as you:)