
I know most people's favorite decorations are usually the Christmas tree, lights, ect... but my favorite decoration is my Nativity set. Of all the many decorations I have collected, my favorite box to open is my Jerusalem box. To me, this is not just stuff, but physical evidence reminding me of my experiences I had in the holy land. I love the smell from the box, the pictures, souveniers and other treasures I find inside. Funny how something so simple could bring so many emotions.
I could sit and stare at this nativity for quite a while. It's simple - nothing extravagant by any means. But it's what I loved for what I could afford at the time. And to me - it's as perfect as my memories from my experience. It enriches Christmas for me that much more because it reminds me of everything that matters - my faith and testimony in Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas!




6 comments:
Ah Mel, that is beautiful! Oh how I wish I could have gone to Jerusalem...
Oh, I love your nativity and I totally understand you. My favorite decoration is the nativity your mom gave to us from the Holy Land.
Hey, we got your card in the mail--thanks!! The pics are precious :)
I know we are not supposed to covet our neighbors, but I am coveting. Big time. Not only do I dream of going to the Holy Land but so want a Jerusalem box.
So beautiful.
So neat Melanie!
OK, so this is waaaay after the fact. But! Oh man! Reading your post did the same thing for me that I'm sure opening your Jerusalem Box did for you. I still have moments when I miss being there! Seems like a dream... Thanks for the post. I hope you guys are well and that you had a great Christmas!
I love it!
Post a Comment