Thursday, December 31, 2009

Merry Christmas

We had a great Christmas this year. Life is so easy and exciting with two kids who are at a stage to understand and get excited for Christmas. We started off Christmas Eve with a nice dinner/birthday Celebration for Aaron. We played pin the nose on the Snowman, treasure hunted for our Christmas Eve present pajamas and played Grandma's Twas the night before Christmas present game. We somehow fit in birthday cake and presents too. It was really fun having Grandma and Grandpa over to add to the excitement.

My favorite part by far was seeing the excitement in the kids for Santa to come. While tucking Whitney in she asked if I would leave the Christmas lights on so Santa could find our house easier. I of course scared them by saying how if Santa comes when your awake then he'll leave without bringing presents so he doesn't get caught. Whitney was pretty worried and asked if she drank from her sippy cup that night if Santa would come. I told her "of course" to which she replied "but mom - it's really noisy when I drink it he'll hear me." Too cute.

I wish I could always remember the excitement on the kids' faces when they got up. Whitney snuck a peek and saw a glimpse of what Santa brought - she about freaked out in adrenaline. It was so funny to watch them wiggle on our bed for 2 minutes waiting to go see what their presents were.

Everything went smoothly, the kids and us had a blast, Santa brought what they wished for, and our day couldn't have been better. I'm so thankful for another magical Christmas. Christmas was always amazing growing up - and now that I get to watch my kids, it's just as exciting! Merry Christmas - here's a few pics off Aaron's phone camera, since our flash on our camera decided to die the first picture I took Christmas morning.






1 comment:

Elisangela Viana said...

Hii!!!! Happy Neaw Year!!!
Aaron married???
beatiful childrens!!!!!
Well i dont speak english!
do you speak portuguese??
Bom demais encontrar vocês!!
Eu procurei muito por aaron and rick,okay
well, bom saber q estão todos bem
a ultima vez q falei com aaron ele estava saindo da tetonia, e com problema no joelho, kkkk
voces tem ORKUT??
voce muito bonita Melanie!
e seus filhos tambem!!
Tenho uma menina de 6 anos ela se chama Emily
fala pro aaron entrar em contato ok
my email is cibellylinda@hotmail.com
and my work zappyt2010@hotmail.com
kisses á todos!!!
i dont bealive , encontrei aaron hoopes kkkk.
he is fine!
nós aqui temos muito pra falar com ele.
Xau!!!