Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Truly, I am


Most of you probably know or figured, but for those that didn't, I'm pregnant. I'm about 15 weeks now and counting down hopefully the last five weeks of sickness. With Whitney and Travis I was sick every night, but for some reason this time it's all day. Every part of me seems a lot weaker and slower . . . including my brain.

I don't know if this has happened to any of you while pregnant but I have seriously lost my mind. Not that I was a genius to begin with, but it's almost like my brain is living in a cloud. I'd get checked for a brain tumor or Alzheimer's if I wasn't pregnant and thinking that was the cause. Some examples.....so many to choose from.

How about when I asked my neighbor when they are going to drop their kids off for their trip (thinking they were going to Hawaii, which they had done a month before), and then being reminded that they were going to take their kids with them . . . since they are going to Disneyland. Man did I feel stupid, I knew that, we had only talked about the subject frequently for the last couple weeks. Oh goodness, my brain pooped.

Another - more recent. How about when I raved on and on about how great my nephew Logan is on my blog. You me Nolan? Yes I meant Nolan. I knew his name was Nolan. In my head I knew that, but what comes out? Logan. Logan/Nolan - oh wow. Lacy just know that I know your sons name is Nolan, I've always known it, I don't think I've ever said it wrong before. . . but then again, with my brain, I wouldn't put it past me. (thanks linds for informing me, or it would never have been fixed.)

Other symptoms = loosing my train of thought mid sentence and not reading due to ADD. I swear if I had to communicate on a higher than four year old level I'd be in trouble. Let's just hope that this only lasts a little while. So if you see me sometime in the next year and I don't seem 'all there' know that it could be due to pregnancy Alzheimer's or newborn lack of sleep syndrome.

Despite the attitude of this post I am really excited to be pregnant. What a blessing. The kids are excited to have a baby in the house. We are excited for our family to grow. We have really enjoyed the last couple years with Whitney and Travis, and look forward to adding another addition. Sometime around Halloween I'll let you know what the gender is. My guess - girl - since Aaron thinks it's a boy.

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Mel! Congrats! I found your blog and have been blog stocking you...Do you remember me from Jerusalem? Good old licky buddies! Hope things are well! You and your family are so adorable!

Jenny P. said...

Yay!! I'm excited for you, and oh so with you on the sickness. I'm four weeks behind you, and still feeling so sick! I keep complaining, cause you know, that makes me feel a little bit better, and musing over WHY this pregnancy has been SO much harder than the others. My husband keeps anwering, "It's cause now your old."

Aw, thanks honey. Really. Thanks for that.

Good luck! Hope everything continues to go well. :)

Emily said...

Congratulations, Mel! I'm so excited for you guys!
For the record, I think it will be a girl.... :)

Lacy said...

Since Lori had a girl, you will have a girl, and we will follow suit and our next will be a girl!! Amy is the only one who hasn't followed the pattern! Just kidding, but wouldn't that be funny?

Mel, we totally didn't care about the Logan thing--in fact we thought it was pretty funny!! Those thing happen all the time, if I had a dime for every time I mixed up names, I would be a millionaire.

you totally seemed good with the prego brain when we were out there, but I do hear ya--you really start feeling old when your body is busy doing other things, like making a baby!

Congrats, we can't wait to hear the gender. With guessing, you have been 2 for 2 so far :)

Natasha Ireland said...

Congrats Melanie and Aaron, That is VERY exciting news. And melanie I TOTALLY feel your pain. It's a real true thing to go "NUTS" when prego and I swear it takes MONTH to regain our knowledge after birth :) Can't wait to hear updates. Sorry your not feeling well.

The Moores said...

YAY! I am so excited for you! I hear you on the sickness, the only thing that helped me was a fabulous golden pill called Zofran that my doctor gave me! I swear it is a miracle drug!!

Chris & Missy said...

Congrats Mel!! Although, I am sorry that you are sick all day. That was how I felt during my pregancy and it sucks. And yes, I lost my mind too! My baby sucked everything out of me. Luckily it's worth it as you know! Can't wait to hear the gender!