
Have you ever had those moments in life that you feel are almost surreal? That if you added music it would almost be a movie? Last night I felt this way. We took a Sunday evening stroll on our bikes (and me on the ripstick of course). The weather was perfect, the color of fall all around us was amazing, and everyone was in a good mood. As I watched Whitney cruise past Aaron and Travis on their bike it looked picture perfect. With the river, the leaves and the things that matter most right in between, I had to remind myself to focus on where I was going so I didn't bif it. Talk about natural highs of life.
I don't think raising a family is easy. I don't think pregnancy is easy. I don't think having a calling or callings in the church is always easy either. But I do know that when we pay our do's, doing the things we know we should, we get moments like I had, where I truly was filled with joy - not happiness - but joy.
My husband is so great. Saturday night he surprised me with a babysitter and took me to dinner and a movie. I know that sounds boring to some, and it would've been to us years ago (we like adventure). But when you don't get out much, dinner and a movie just with my husband was fabulous. Plus, lets be honest, after how much I ate at dinner I don't know what else a chubby pregnant woman could do. Even bowling would've been a stretch. (Dinner was to good to stop!)
Anyways, that's my ramblings. Life is too good right now. The sickness has eased up enough sometimes for me to catch glimpses of normalness. The stage my kids are at is perfect. I love watching them play together. Saturday morning they were stoked to go with dad to help with a service project. I wondered how much 'help' they were actually being, so about twenty minutes after they left I walked across the street to peek on two little midgets weeding a yard - working pretty hard. I didn't bother them, just walked home with a big grin on my face. My smile got even bigger and my heart melted as I watched out my kitchen window them taking a 'short-cut' with their bikes through the neighbors yard. Which ended up with Whitney pushing a bike across the lawn and Travis walking by her side for moral support. It was too cute. I'm done rambling now.





8 comments:
Couldn't help but smile reading that post. Your kids are awesome and glad you are feeling at least a little less sick! I'm gonna go on a limb and guess you went to Red Robin?
Ahh, I love moments like that. Glad you are doing better & that you had a chance to get away together for an evening. Love you guys!
Those moments make all the hard ones worth it:) I hope you're feeling a little better already. Congrats!
I love this post. Thanks for sharing. I do love those moments in life when you can sit back and go 'WOW...really...it's this good." Very cool Melanie. Thinking of you and your sweet family :)
Mel I missed your previous blog... CONGRATS!! So exciting! I feel for you on the sick thing, Ugh there is nothing worse. Here's a few tips... 7up with cherry grenadine, cheese fries, and root beer floats. Got me to my 20 week mark with all four, so you may have to run a little harder after they arrive but hey at least you felt better for a minute. :-) cute blog. Your a great mom!
So true.
Makes it all worth it, doesn't it? Love that. P.S. - Tell you kids my yard need weeding. :)
I loved this post...I love moments like that. I wish we had a "pause" button to make them last just a bit longer.
I can't wait to see you all soon! It feels like it has been AGES!
Post a Comment