Thursday, September 10, 2009

movies and memories


I know I should've payed more attention to the fact that ten years ago I graduated from High School. Perhaps I should've gone to my high school reunion. I loved High School. But what I really am really thinking about is -wow it's been ten years since I was a freshman in college.

The other night I watched Runaway Bride. This is definitely and without a doubt one of my favorite movies of all times. But without fail when I watch it, I have flashbacks to my freshman year of college. Honestly, I think my freshman year ranks up there with one of the most exciting and funny years of my life.

I can't listen to Dixie Chick music either without thinking about all the random fun memories I have with roommates from that year. Every day was honestly like a Seinfeld episode. I could go on and on about it. Suffice it to say that maybe one day my experience (our experience) will be a movie. Right roommates? Good times.

Just as a side note - go cougs!!! That was an awesome game on Saturday! I seriously feel the same way about BYU and it's campus/classes that Rudy did for Notre Dame. Love it! Here's to my freshman year, ten years ago. Wow, I feel old.

6 comments:

Jenny P. said...

Dude. I'm totally bummed I wasn't in the picture... :) My time spent in our lovely apartment our freshman year was brief, but it was awesome. Hilarious, and weird, and awesome. Can't believe it's been ten years now... sheesh!

Kristin said...

Ah, those were the days. So carefree and happy. Yeah, and Dixie Chicks - definitely defines our freshman year! Miss you lots! Oh, and Go Cougs!

Melissa O said...

Its so crazy how time flies.

Christa O'Brien said...

You guys know the Cougars are playing in New Orleans today, right?!? But..I'm not going. It's pouring down rain, and as much as I like football, I don't like being soggy for an entire game. So, I will cheer for them from the comfort of my couch!

Freshman year was by far the best! No real cares, so much drama, so much crazy fun cause everything we did was hi-lar-i-ous!! We did alot, we went through alot, and we all grew up together!

And because I want to add my own highlights:
-the festival of olives
-California Vacation (and aunt jay's jeans)
-BULK!!!!!
-boys, boys, and more boys...
-sometimes I wake up crying at night, and sometimes I scream out your name (ladd!)

Ok, I could go on and on and on...but I won't. Whitney chicks rule! I miss Nina and Mel Mel!

Amy Schelin said...

Don't even start with the "feeling old" stuff. I can't even remember college, it's been so long. :)

Kami said...

Oh man! I loved my freshman year too. What good times. And I LOVE BYU too. Sometimes I really miss just being on campus or studying in the library. Good times.