Friday, July 3, 2009

Our first pet

No - it isn't anything major. Me and Aaron are still as anti - dog and cat as we've always been. Too much maintenance, annoyance, and germs with those animals. So I caved and bought my kids a pet that we could handle. Except Aaron wasn't thrilled - he says fish stinks. I insisted I will keep good smelling candles lit :)

The kids are so excited. We got 3 fish. Gold = Merlin, Black = Gill, and then we got a baby white one we named Dorothy. Sadly, Dorothy has already gone to fishy heaven, I knew we'd kill off the fish fast - but wow, less than 24 hours. (that's probably why that fish was only 28 cents). Merlin and Gill are still swimming away. We'll keep you posted if they'll be any funeral plans :)

3 comments:

Melissa O said...

I love the fishies. Too cute for your kids. We have two dogs, and I love them to death, but it really is a lot of work.

Jeff said...

That's awesome. Maybe make sure you have fish food - last time mine all died because apparently goldfish aren't down with shrimp pellets.

Unknown said...

I totally agree on the dog/cat thing.