Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A camping we go

We decided to go camping Friday night = real camping, more than my comfort of the backyard camping. We figured our kids were old enough - we would get some sleep. Our kids love the mountains so they were so excited to explore and set up a tent and fire when we got there.

Travis was quick to notice that sticks made great weapons, here we are fighting, of course, he's always the prince and I'm the bad guy.


Here he is fighting Dad
Just down from us was a lake, the kids were pretty upset that they didn't get to go in a raft and paddle like the other people were - perhaps next time. Travis found a stick with a string attached, so here they are fishing.
Before we went Whitney chose a set of markers and a big princess coloring book for her entertainment. She sat a colored for quite a while.


Can you tell this boy is happy to be camping?
It was a lot of fun. The smores were great, as well as the campfire stories. We took turns telling stories in the dark with the light of the fire. I was impressed with Whitney's creativity. Travis even expanded his Story telling to One time , , , a monster . . . walked and walked and walked, then ahhhhh, the end. We'll definately have to do it again. Maybe for a little longer next time.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Travis has pretty good form fighting with those sticks...He looks like he was in heaven.
I haven't been camping in quite a while either -- I didn't dare in Texas...too many creatures. :)

Melissa O said...

i love it... looks like tons of fun. You totally looked like you were kickin travis' butt.

Kristin said...

Mel, that looks so fun! We still haven't ventured out camping with Nicole, but I have a feeling it's coming.

Candice said...

Sound fun! Where did you go? We need to go locally, always say we are going to but it hasn't happened yet.
you are such and awesome mom!
Good job with your kids and fun activites

Amy Schelin said...

That stick fighting reminds me of you with Zach. How fun - I would love to have mountains to go camping in!:)