Monday, June 22, 2009

fun weekend

We had a lot of fun this past weekend. Friday we started off with one of my favorite events of the year . . . behind Christmas, fourth of July (fireworks), Halloween, comes Strawberry days Rodeo :). Luckily the weather was perfect, no rain, and just the right temperature. I truly go to enjoy the hick side of myself, sit and enjoy a summer evening, and most of all eat their DELICIOUS strawberries and cream. Honestly, they are heaven to eat.
Whitney is much like her mom, the food was what made her happy.


My cowboys. We finally broke down and got Travis a cowboys hat. He loves matching his dad. I just might be able to cheer for them now that they gave Owens the boot.

Travis' favorite by far was the motorbike entertainment they did 3/4 of the way through the rodeo. It's amazing what these guys dare to do. Travis was so into it that he even screamed because he thought the guy was going to fall off the bike, I believe in this video you can hear him scream, since he was right next to me. And yes, it sounds like a little girl screaming :)

The night just got better for the kids, they got to sleep at Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussens. They were too excited, both of them stayed up till midnight. Saturday morning, very bright and early Aaron's Uncle took us water skiing. It was cold but they had wet suits - I've never been so pampered. It was great! The water was as smooth as a mirror, and there were only two other boats there the entire time. I wish so badly I got Aaron on video - he barefooted!! It was so fun to watch! What a stud. I learned how to slalom, something that looked hard and I figured I'd never learn, since I go skiing maybe if I'm lucky once a year (with a five year break in between). After a few instructions and a failed attampt, I figured it out. I will say this, it was so much easier than I thought it would be. I also got some wakeboarding in and figured out how to do some 180's - I was proud of myself. Me and Aaron are still sore - but it was sooooo worth it!

That night my parents were amazing and took the kids to McDonalds while me and Aaron checked out the art display at the conference center. How relaxing to walk around and enjoy good art. There were a dozen that struck me - a favorite being one of Captain Moroni. It was a picture that I would love to hang in Travis' room - instead of some athlete - a picture of a real hero. Greg Olsen had an incredible picture of Christ in Gethsemene. After that we ate at PF Changs - oh so good.

We topped the weekend off with a relaxing Father's Day. I hope my Dad and husband know how much I love and appreciate them! Men don't get near as much credit as they deserve.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I love the little scream! I say you put Whit in training for mutton busting next near

Emily said...

Ahhh, I do miss the Strawberry Days Rodeo...you are absolutely right. Those Strawberry Cream things are delicious! And even better when Larry is treating! :)
I love that Travis gets so excited by anything with an engine...:) So cute.

Unknown said...

Are you going to the reunion? I'm trying to decide, and I would love to see you if you're going!

Melanie Hoopes said...

As of right now - no, I'm not going. There's another demolition derby that night. . . . plus I don't want to show up and have it be a nightmare - there's always that risk. What are your plans Carrie?