Friday, March 13, 2009

Whitney's pre-birthday party

A couple days ago I SURVIVED four hours of chaos with 11 kids. I always wondered why moms would throw birthday parties for little kids - that's a lot of work- and little kids can be high maintanence. But when I was going to host playgroup this month anyways - I figured I might as well add a couple more kids, a cake, and a piniata, and call it a party. So even though Whitney and hopefully the kids had a lot of fun, I'm still recovering! But as long as Whitney had a great time....yada yada yada.
Here's Whitney opening presents


I don't know why I love piniatas so much. I always have. being able to wack something as hard as you can --and then candy comes out!! A dream come true :) Big shocker - Whitney chose sleeping beauty - I consented, thought it would be good therapy to beat her up.




Here's all the kids taking turns beating the piniata blindfolded. They had some pretty good swings.


When she was about busting open Aaron got the last haul. He took one wack and decapetated sleeping beauty. Sadly, the site made me laugh pretty good - the kids were to distracted with candy to notice.





2 comments:

Lyndsie said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun!!! My kids had a blast and are still talking about it!!!

The Pyne's said...

How fun!! what a good mom you are. and I loved the decappitated head picture. How funny!

so when are you going to post your children's book? I'd love to read it or let me know when it gets published!!! Good luck! hope all is well. I love to check in on you guys occasionally and see how everything is going.

PS I totally agree with the shark boy thing. Your hubby looks just like him!!