Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Everything

So - yes, it's been a long while since I last posted. My life has not taken a usual course these last couple months --in a good way. I'm usually not the biggest fan of winter, in fact I dread the months of January and February every year. I wouldn't mind skipping those months, human hibernation would be kind of nice. But this winter wasn't so bad. Actually, it went by relatively fast. It sure helps having two kids that love playing in the snow and the freedom to do so whenever we want. Another saver - my new treadmill. I'm not an indoor runner, sometimes it's even torturous, but the end result is me mentally healthy and rejuvenated. Also, I finally found a hobby. Playing sports doesn't exactly go hand and hand with my current lifestyle. An occasional recreational game every other week is about as good as it gets.

Since November I have read the Twilight series, half the Fablehaven series and a couple other books. I've also written (still needs a lot of work!) a children's book, and have started writing a novel series. Aaron was nice enough to sacrifice his Saturday morning basketball so I could take a writing class, which I really enjoyed. I don't claim to be a good writer by any means, but the world of creativity I absolutely love. I love a book you can immerse yourself in, almost losing grip with reality while you read. It's a world I would love to contribute to. It will be a long going process so we'll see what happens. The next couple days I hope to catch up a little on posting - including our tip to the Bean museum, Idaho, and Whitney's birthday party - which I'm still recovering from!

2 comments:

Melonie said...

Kyla had a blast at Whitney's party! Thanks so much for inviting her. I hope you don't mind I found your blog. It's great!

Jacqueline said...

Go Mel....can't wait to see/read your books in the future! Never knew you had the dream to be a writer.