Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The latest

There have been some random things here and there that I should've posted, but didn't. So here is a post of a bunch of random stuff. It's a long post!! But at least there are lots of pics :)


We made gingerbread houses a couple weeks ago. Whitney was totally into it. She's a hard core decorator. I was quite impressed with her ideas.
Travis on the other hand cared more for the eating the candy part. I don't even know how much this kid ate. Every time we looked at him he had a mouth full of something. Finally we put him in his high chair to eat candy and actually regulate what was being inhaled.
Our Gingerbread house lasted 2 days. Usually it lasts all month. But I was trying to eat healthier which meant no sweets in the house. So me and Whitney ate almost every edible thing on the house during those 2 days.
We hosted Aaron's work party which turned out good and was really fun. I never really hosted anything before that was supposed to be "elegant" so it was fun to come up with a decorating plan. Here is my table and first centerpiece. The picture doesn't do justice, plus, when the candles were lit.....lets, just say I was happy with my work.My island centerpiece soon to have food all around it. Thanks pottery barn for the idea.


About a week ago we had a long day, so to shake things up a bit we had a bath party in mom's tub. Let me just say that if you ever want a killer bubble bath, and you have a jetted tub, fill it with water, put some kids body wash in it, and turn on the jets! I was laughing pretty hard during our "party" and had to keep a good eye on Travis to make sure we didn't loose him.
I love this picture - it looks like I photo shopped Travis' head into the tub.



This is really random, but it's weird to me that Travis actually has preferences with clothing. He'll tell me if he wants "Queen"(lightning mcqueen shirt) or one with a football on it - seriously - a little boy shouldn't care! One Sunday morning he noticed the pajamas in his room and insisted on wearing 3 different pairs at once - so here he is in plenty of padding.

And last but not least we have loved the recent snow. Travis is definitely his Father's son. He hasn't complained once about being cold outside, he's just happy to be outside. He looks a little like a little Russian man to me in this pic.

Whitney making her snow angels that she has been talking about for the past month.

We had fun shoveling, purposely falling, playing follow the leader, and sledding. I love how playful Aaron is with the kids in the snow.

5 comments:

Melissa O said...

I love the center pieces. Very nice job. I think it looks very elegant. Your kids are adorable. It really does look like you photoshopped his head in the bubbles. They had to of loved it. I love the snow. So your kids look like they love it too.

Kristin said...

Look at you Martha Stewart! Very impressive. Oh, and all I kept thinking when I was looking through those photos is that I can't believe how big Travis is!

Lyndsie said...

Love your center pieces!!! You did a great job. I am very impressed!! Next time I have a party you are coming to decorate!!! Travis is at such a cute stage, don't you love the things they choose to wear??

By the way I need your e-mail address. I made my blog private. Call me with it.

Harley said...

Look how fancy you are! That turned out wonderfully. How fun!

erin sheely said...

What fantastic pictures! I love the ones with the bubbles in the tub.